• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Head Phones while drive and or riding a bus

klloyd

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
Im looking for the law that says I can not wear head phones while driving. I've looked and looked and looked. I thought maybe some of you who know the KRS's better than me might be able to point me in the right direction. I have been told its not only un-lawful to drive with head phones one, ( I can buy that if I can find it, it makes since) but it is also un-lawful to ride a bus wearing headphones.... What gives there? This is a "friendly" conversation for now.. but if there is no law, I may just have to turn up the heat a bit. I've not backed down, but excused my self for a moment read up on it. I've not found it. I read through the transportation side of the laws, and it has a lot of things in there that mostly have to do with big trucks, and what they are hauling. Any info would be welcome.

KRM59

Never heard of it

I never heard of it being unlawful to wear headphones while driving or on the bus. i have no cite for it either way but common sense says if it is a point of not hearing whats going on around you while driving, then why can deaf people drive. the bus thing is just nonsense.

flb_78

I know several states have laws against wearing headphones while operating a motor vehicle.

According to this safety pamphlet (page 33) put out by Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, it's illegal to wear headphones while driving.

http://gdl.kytc.ky.gov/parent guide.pdf

Even if it wasn't against the law, I believe it's a bad idea to drive and wear headphones in a car.