Thread: Michgan Irish Music Festival-No Firearms

Michgan Irish Music Festival-No Firearms

I went to the Michigan Irish Music Festival yesterday in Muskegon. Among the usual list of "No's" (your own alcohol, pets, etc.) on the large sign at the entrance was the word "firearms." I don't know the exact heritage of the sponsorship/owners of the event but I do know it was held on the grounds of a public park.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan F. View Post
    I went to the Michigan Irish Music Festival yesterday in Muskegon. Among the usual list of "No's" (your own alcohol, pets, etc.) on the large sign at the entrance was the word "firearms." I don't know the exact heritage of the sponsorship/owners of the event but I do know it was held on the grounds of a public park.
    If it was held on PUBLIC LAND, the ban on firearms is un-enforceable.
    Last edited by dougwg; 09-20-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Pretty sure Heritage landing is public property.

You'd think that after what went down with Arts, Beats, and Eats that festival organizers would leave this issue alone and hope that as few of us OCers show up as possible.

As it is, whenever the do this they transform the even into a civil rights venue which ATTRACTS the exact behavior that the are trying to avoid by putting the "no firearms" sign up.

Silly officials, tricks are for kids.
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Ah but that is not how they compute in there small little minds... it is all about control and they think signs are a sign of their control....
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    You'd think that after what went down with Arts, Beats, and Eats that festival organizers would leave this issue alone and hope that as few of us OCers show up as possible.

As it is, whenever the do this they transform the even into a civil rights venue which ATTRACTS the exact behavior that the are trying to avoid by putting the "no firearms" sign up.

Silly officials, tricks are for kids.
    Well said.

I sent out a little email, lets see what they say

Quote Originally Posted by jm62383 View Post
    I sent out a little email, lets see what they say
    I wish I would've snapped a pic of the sign as I was entering.