• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Victory at Gibson's Gril in Richmondl!!??!

SicSemperTyrannis

I noticed the "No Weapons" sign was gone from Gibson's Grill today. Several of us had written letters/postcards about the sign going up about a month ago.

I went inside and asked about the (now missing) sign. I eat there often and I know everyone by name. The manager (Jessica) wasn't there to confirm, but my favorite waiter said the sign had very recently been removed and he doesn't know why or anything more about it.

I explained why I stopped eating there several weeks ago - my waiter was shocked at my reason and said they had all missed me and wondered why I stopped coming (I used to eat there 2-4 times per week for lunch). They saw me walk by them everyday at lunch time....

I briefly discussed why a paper sign won't keep individuals predisposed to trouble from causing problems, and further noted that the bank next door doesn't prohibit firearms so it is odd to have seen that they do.... my waiter was curious.

I went back to work and wrote a "thank you" letter to Jessica and the two owners (husband and wife) and later dropped a copy off for Jessica and put another copy in the mail to the owners. Will anyone else join me in thanking them? Please send a letter or call them!

Tomorrow, I will eat lunch there for the first time in weeks and hopefully will have the opportunity to speak with Jessica in person....

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I noticed the "No Weapons" sign was gone from Gibson's Grill today. Several of us had written letters/postcards about the sign going up about a month ago.

I went inside and asked about the (now missing) sign. I eat there often and I know everyone by name. The manager (Jessica) wasn't there to confirm, but my favorite waiter said the sign had very recently been removed and he doesn't know why or anything more about it.

I explained why I stopped eating there several weeks ago - my waiter was shocked at my reason and said they had all missed me and wondered why I stopped coming (I used to eat there 2-4 times per week for lunch). They saw me walk by them everyday at lunch time....

I briefly discussed why a paper sign won't keep individuals predisposed to trouble from causing problems, and further noted that the bank next door doesn't prohibit firearms so it is odd to have seen that they do.... my waiter was curious.

I went back to work and wrote a "thank you" letter to Jessica and the two owners (husband and wife) and later dropped a copy off for Jessica and put another copy in the mail to the owners. Will anyone else join me in thanking them? Please send a letter or call them!

Tomorrow, I will eat lunch there for the first time in weeks and hopefully will have the opportunity to speak with Jessica in person....

I have to take the wife's ATV in for a new clutch so I'll be in the burbs anyway:cry:

I'd like to thank them also. What time are you having lunch?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I have no idea - I don't have a specific lunch time while at work - I leave for lunch when traffic allows (anywhere from 11am to 3pm).

I'll be here until Thursday morning so I'll make a point of going into the city to have lunch.
Come to think of it, I have to go by the Secretary of the Commonwealths office to pay my lobbyist fee, I'll do it then.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
The manager (Jessica) wasn't there to confirm, but my favorite waiter said the sign had very recently been removed and he doesn't know why or anything more about it.
I too would like to send them a thank you but I would like confirmation first just in case the sign fell off or was takedn down by the window cleaner and not put back up.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
I too would like to send them a thank you but I would like confirmation first just in case the sign fell off or was takedn down by the window cleaner and not put back up.

If the window cleaner didn't put the sign back up, I'll bet he is "one of us"!