Thread: Strange I have heard of this happening twice in one year different states, same crime

Strange I have heard of this happening twice in one year different states, same crime

I was in MA traveling on business early June of this year. When I came out of my hotel room I was met by a reporter asking me if I knew anything of the robbery and sexual assault on an elderly man in the hotel the night before.

Just now I was watching the news and pretty much the same thing has happened here in MN now. http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=873022

My open ended question is ... what the hell is going on with this world ? ? ?
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

definition creep

Quote Originally Posted by rotty View Post
    My open ended question is ... what the hell is going on with this world ? ? ?
    Can't answer that one, but I'd want to know if the definition of "sexual assault" they are using is what I'd expect before I could form an opinion on what happened. I mean, if public urination can be a "sex crime" then maybe "sexual assault" is someone being called a mother jumper.

Us old codgers tend to be chosen as targets because we look like easy pickings - especially if we move slowly or walk with a cane...

As to the sexual assault - I dunno.
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

This old "Phart" says:

If some was so lucky as to actually be able to do that to me, they better hope the PD finds them before I do.

A dull knife seems to be the appropriate tool.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    This old "Phart" says:

If some was so lucky as to actually be able to do that to me, they better hope the PD finds them before I do.

A dull knife seems to be the appropriate tool.
    This old "Phart" prefers either a rusty hacksaw blade or a broken piece of glass. If everything else fails, a "Georgia crucifixion". :-))

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Us old codgers tend to be chosen as targets because we look like easy pickings - especially if we move slowly or walk with a cane...
    This is precisely why I OC most of the time. While not old in the current vernacular (64), my knees are candidates for replacement surgery and therefore, I am in no position to use my legs for fighting or fleeing as I was once able to do. I'm quite certain that to a BG who might have designs on my person or stuff, I probably look like easy pickings were it not for my little friend on my side.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!