• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Strange I have heard of this happening twice in one year different states, same crime

rotty

I was in MA traveling on business early June of this year. When I came out of my hotel room I was met by a reporter asking me if I knew anything of the robbery and sexual assault on an elderly man in the hotel the night before.

Just now I was watching the news and pretty much the same thing has happened here in MN now. http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=873022

My open ended question is ... what the hell is going on with this world ? ? ?

architect

definition creep

My open ended question is ... what the hell is going on with this world ? ? ?

Can't answer that one, but I'd want to know if the definition of "sexual assault" they are using is what I'd expect before I could form an opinion on what happened. I mean, if public urination can be a "sex crime" then maybe "sexual assault" is someone being called a mother jumper.

OldCurlyWolf

This old "Phart" says:

If some was so lucky as to actually be able to do that to me, they better hope the PD finds them before I do.

A dull knife seems to be the appropriate tool.

SFCRetired

This old "Phart" says:

If some was so lucky as to actually be able to do that to me, they better hope the PD finds them before I do.

A dull knife seems to be the appropriate tool.

This old "Phart" prefers either a rusty hacksaw blade or a broken piece of glass. If everything else fails, a "Georgia crucifixion". :))

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Us old codgers tend to be chosen as targets because we look like easy pickings - especially if we move slowly or walk with a cane...

This is precisely why I OC most of the time. While not old in the current vernacular (64), my knees are candidates for replacement surgery and therefore, I am in no position to use my legs for fighting or fleeing as I was once able to do. I'm quite certain that to a BG who might have designs on my person or stuff, I probably look like easy pickings were it not for my little friend on my side.