• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

incident at Fowlerville Wal Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bikenut

Of course Open Carry is a "movement".... but it isn't the movement most folks think... the reason Open Carry scares so many anti's is:

Open Carry is a publicly glaringly obvious affirmation of individual strength of character, of personal independence, of courage of convictions, of true freedom, and a loud call for all to hear that rights supersede agendas.

The fear of the anti's isn't the gun itself... it never was... it is that average folks will wake up and heed that call.

And even those who OC for the sole purpose of self defense and don't intend, or even want, to make a statement for freedom and rights are still part of the "movement" because....

Regardless of the reason an individual has for carrying a sidearm in plain sight those who see that sidearm hear the message of freedom it represents loud and clear.... even if the person carrying it has no interest in sending the message the message is still there.

And that message drives the insecure selfish control freaks who seek to dominate others... simply bonkers because it is the stark reality of everything they are not.

Beerme

Banned
I am just in love with the Idea of beerme and stainless trying to give advice on how to carry!!!
Wasnt it you stainless that got poped for cc'ing in a pfz???
beerme isnt there a pic of you aiming an anti tank weapon in a park floating around???
Shouldnt you guys clean up your own yards before trying to give advice?????
I know rj and have to say if I had to have someone watch my back or even walk down the road RJ would be the first one and Stainless you know what I think about you carrying a sharp crayon!!!!

it was holding it for a picture
it was inert and you could look straight through it.
it was not an anti tank device it was more or less a prop.
and what does that have to do with the advice I gave?
get out of your rascal sometime and watch how i am when i open carry gordon, i am very serious about doing it correctly, as stainless mentioned.
thanks stainless.
and DanM

DanM

I'm curious about one thing, did the idea that Open carry is a movement ever get straightened out? The reason I ask, I saw several point to different parts of this site that mention it as a movement, but then the OP seemed sort of confused as he couldn't find anything.

The OP hasn't yet acknowledged or participated in any objective criticisms or rebuttals presented to him. Examples:
--OP carries in his back pocket. While he clarified he is using some kind of holster, he has not discussed the suggestion that if he is carrying at the MINIMUM point on his body for SA and ability to control, he should employ the MAXIMUM in, or at least a good level of, retention equipment.
--OP said that a relevant AG opinion is "not applicable" to him as a CPL holder, and that "OC, concealed, or simply visible it makes no matter." It was pointed out to him that the AG opinion is applicable and that OC in a pants pocket does carry a risk of a CCW charge, even for a CPL holder if the CPL holder even inadvertently or unknowingly walks through or into a CC PFZ.
--OP suggests that this website, the participants, or open carry generally (he wasn't clear) isn't a movement. He was presented with material to correct his suggestion.

Instead of acknowledging or discussing the above objectively expressed criticisms and rebuttals, he instead ignores those and solely complains about the manner that a few here are addressing him or that his original question isn't being addressed (notwithstanding the fact that some of the responses to him were prompted by his own questions or statements). While this is perhaps convenient for some personality types who find it difficult to acknowledge weakness or wrongness, ignoring good points and rebuttals against one's self unfortunately is a glaringly obvious sign of an inability to discuss, learn, and grow.

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

I am just in love with the Idea of beerme and stainless trying to give advice on how to carry!!!
Wasnt it you stainless that got poped for cc'ing in a pfz???
beerme isnt there a pic of you aiming an anti tank weapon in a park floating around???
Shouldnt you guys clean up your own yards before trying to give advice?????
I know rj and have to say if I had to have someone watch my back or even walk down the road RJ would be the first one and Stainless you know what I think about you carrying a sharp crayon!!!!

agreed, his advice is valid, beerme had a NON-FUNCTIONAL AT-4 launch tube it really wasn't that big a deal!!! any idiot should know thats one thing you can't go and pick up at your neighbor hood grocery store. you seem to like to bite before you think?? why?? yes stainless messed up. we all got it, thanks for the reminder. but so far he is giving good advice! just drop it already, you sound bad always useing the same sad tired argument. stick with your new group, and take a five minute time out! C'mon guy!

rj3663

The OP hasn't yet acknowledged or participated in any objective criticisms or rebuttals presented to him. Examples:
--OP carries in his back pocket. While he clarified he is using some kind of holster, he has not discussed the suggestion that if he is carrying at the MINIMUM point on his body for SA and ability to control, he should employ the MAXIMUM in, or at least a good level of, retention equipment.
--OP said that a relevant AG opinion is "not applicable" to him as a CPL holder, and that "OC, concealed, or simply visible it makes no matter." It was pointed out to him that the AG opinion is applicable and that OC in a pants pocket does carry a risk of a CCW charge, even for a CPL holder if the CPL holder even inadvertently or unknowingly walks through or into a CC PFZ.
--OP suggests that this website, the participants, or open carry generally (he wasn't clear) isn't a movement. He was presented with material to correct his suggestion.
Instead of acknowledging or discussing the above objectively expressed criticisms and rebuttals, he instead ignores those and solely complains about the manner that a few here are addressing him or that his original question isn't being addressed (notwithstanding the fact that some of the responses to him were prompted by his own questions or statements). While this is perhaps convenient for some personality types who find it difficult to acknowledge weakness or wrongness, ignoring good points and rebuttals against one's self unfortunately is a glaringly obvious sign of an inability to discuss, learn, and grow.

I got the info I asked for. As far as my glaringly obvious inability to discuss, learn, and grow... If it only serves to interact with people like you, no thanks.

autosurgeon

I must say I am growing tired of people who come here with questions and then get huffy and upset when the answers they get are not to their liking.

Tip 1 if you don't like the advise ignore it.

Tip 2 if you really are not interested in answers don't ask questions.

Tip 3 part of learning is being open to new possibilities.

Tip 4 remember what is posted here is generally not personal but rather observations based on each persons experience. Which are different!

Tip 5 What works for you may not work for me... however if you suggest something that will not work for me I don't discount it out of hand... why? BC it might serve me later so I file it!

Finally everyone who posts on internet forums needs to remember this key salient point.

Growing angry over reply's to a post you made does nothing but raise your blood pressure.

rj3663

I must say I am growing tired of people who come here with questions and then get huffy and upset when the answers they get are not to their liking.

Tip 1 if you don't like the advise ignore it.

Tip 2 if you really are not interested in answers don't ask questions.

Tip 3 part of learning is being open to new possibilities.

Tip 4 remember what is posted here is generally not personal but rather observations based on each persons experience. Which are different!

Tip 5 What works for you may not work for me... however if you suggest something that will not work for me I don't discount it out of hand... why? BC it might serve me later so I file it!

Finally everyone who posts on internet forums needs to remember this key salient point.

Growing angry over reply's to a post you made does nothing but raise your blood pressure.

I'm sorry if I'm the one that tires you. The question was a request for info to pass on to leo. There was some of that but mostly there were ridicule and snotty attitudes from a small group that seem to follow nearly the same tact in all the threads they post within. I'm still the same man that asked for the info, nothing has changed except that it's now been passed along.
All good points from you although the name calling did seem kind of like a high handed attack. And my bp is fine, I'm medicated.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.