• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

incident at Fowlerville Wal Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerme

Banned
hey now what is that supposed to mean?
I may be conceived as an ******* or harsh at times, which is true, I say what is on my mind and i feel needs to be said in some cases.

PDinDetroit

hey now what is that supposed to mean?
I may be conceived as an ******* or harsh at times, which is true, I say what is on my mind and i feel needs to be said in some cases.

No, I must take credit where credit is due.

I was childish with the way I dealt with the Royal Oak City Commission, showing up every week ranting and stamping my feet. I posted terribly stupid information about the laws that Royal Oak was ignoring.

Oops! I was wearing that silly hat that one of the commissioners said I should while carrying.

What was I saying again?

NHCGRPR45

yes paul your poor tactics, crying, yelling, and breaking things is imo just poor taste, grow up, and stop acting like an overfed baby! and for the love OF GOD stop useing law and logic in your arguments! :monkey

NHCGRPR45

yes please stop yelling, crying, shouting and throwing things! your behavior is substatially sub-par. and for the love of all things holy, stop useing things like law, common sense, and points of fact in your arguments!!!!! what the hell guy! how dare you! as a famous cop once said! keep your mumbo jumbo!

NHCGRPR45

yes pd i posted that twice! i am just that ticked off, and no its not because i hit the submit button 2 times then forgot what i wrote and had to re-write it!

fozzy71

yes paul your poor tactics, crying, yelling, and breaking things is imo just poor taste, grow up, and stop acting like an overfed baby! and for the love OF GOD stop useing law and logic in your arguments! :monkey

yes please stop yelling, crying, shouting and throwing things! your behavior is substatially sub-par. and for the love of all things holy, stop useing things like law, common sense, and points of fact in your arguments!!!!! what the hell guy! how dare you! as a famous cop once said! keep your mumbo jumbo!

yes pd i posted that twice! i am just that ticked off, and no its not because i hit the submit button 2 times then forgot what i wrote and had to re-write it!

see cat at left!

poast count +4

rj3663

Thanks again to the playground bullies who want everything to be their way. Brian pm'd me with the informantion that I was seeking in the op. Oh, the gun stays in the back pocket. You guys have a nice day.

MarineSgt

Thanks again to the playground bullies who want everything to be their way. Brian pm'd me with the informantion that I was seeking in the op. Oh, the gun stays in the back pocket. You guys have a nice day.

Godspeed. May you carry merrily and never have your weapon used against you. Seriously, good luck!

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Here's my take, I don't care about the holster, but if it (the holster) is inside a pocket, you give the LEOs a chance to say you're carrying concealed. In public, I don't see it as a problem, but if you go into a Pistol Free Zone like that, you might find yourself in court, eventually, on charges of carrying concealed in a Pistol Free Zone. Even though, we know it's legal to OC in PFZs as long as you have a CPL.

You also run the risk of violating the CPL laws if you don't show your CPL on demand if the officer decides you're carrying concealed.

Now, if you don't mind being a test case, I say go for it. But my pockets are not very deep. Myself, I'd rather not.

And the last time I OCed in the Fowlerville Wal-mart, there was NO question that I was carrying in the Open. :) I think I blinded a few people when the sunlight hit it. :)
ria45nickel.jpg

DanM

Oh, the gun stays in the back pocket.

Be sure to remember that the AG opinion you thought didn't apply, does apply. If you carry like that into a CC PFZ, you risk being charged CCW. I hope there's nothing else, especially legal, you think you know that turns out to be wrong. Good luck. Keep enough money in your checking account for bail and attorney retainer, just in case. :)

autosurgeon

You know those of us posting here are trying to help you. We realize that being charged with a firearm CCW charge is a serious matter.

There are some things that just are NOT smart when OCing. One is failing to use a retention holster.

Pocket carry is fine for CC however for OC it is foolish and actually dangerous as the gun could literally fall out. Even for CC I would NOT pocket carry without a pocket holster as I want the trigger covered and the chance of some other item in the pocket hitting the trigger reduced.

ALSO this type of carry will likely be treated like IWB carry in relation to OC/CC and that could lead to trouble in a PFZ if you think you are OC but the Courts decide otherwise.

Finally we have explained about OC in a Visible Holster and how that is the only type of OC that is mentioned in the AG opinion.

Carry how you want to but please don't come on here and argue for a mode of carry that is NOT protected in any way as it could lead others to make a bad decision and get themselves in a heap of trouble. Perhaps in Fowlerville you can get away with this but in other parts of the state this may not be the case and a person could be cuffed and stuffed for this type of carry.

Personally I think it should be your decision on how you carry. BUT we are NOT a constitutional carry state and there are laws, court opinions and AG/SP opinions that govern how we carry here.

Keep in mind we only are concerned as what one of us does affects all of us and we do NOT want to see anyone jammed up BC they were unaware what they are doing is potentially an unlawful act.

rj3663

I'm so sorry for those of you that cannot read and only want to rant and rave about your opinions. Nowhere did I say that I was in a pfz. Nowhere did I ask for advice on how to carry and nowhere did I ask permission to be an American citizen and exersize my constitutional rights. I also have re-read all of my post and I see no request to be associated with any "Movement" I asked for info to present to the Fowlerville PD and got a minimal number of reasonable responses. Everyone else chose to go off subject and spout off their closeminded opinions on everything from tactical holsters to ammo and even dinner dates at the ponderosa. If you don't know me you have no right to judge me. If you would like to get to know me you are openly invited to stop by for coffee or even dinner or lunch. Brian knows me, Gordon (cabman) knows me. You don't have to be afraid. You can speak your piece openly, just stay on the topic here. The OC public is not the only visitors that come here. PM me for directions if you want

eb31

I'm so sorry for those of you that cannot read and only want to rant and rave about your opinions. Nowhere did I say that I was in a pfz. Nowhere did I ask for advice on how to carry and nowhere did I ask permission to be an American citizen and exersize my constitutional rights. I also have re-read all of my post and I see no request to be associated with any "Movement" I asked for info to present to the Fowlerville PD and got a minimal number of reasonable responses. Everyone else chose to go off subject and spout off their closeminded opinions on everything from tactical holsters to ammo and even dinner dates at the ponderosa. If you don't know me you have no right to judge me. If you would like to get to know me you are openly invited to stop by for coffee or even dinner or lunch. Brian knows me, Gordon (cabman) knows me. You don't have to be afraid. You can speak your piece openly, just stay on the topic here. The OC public is not the only visitors that come here. PM me for directions if you want

Look. You're on a open forum. If you don't like the answers....don't ask the questions. Anyone with common sense can see that your method of carry is irresponsible, at least.

Good luck to you sir. I see many mandatory court appearances in your future.

And your veiled threats of "dont be afraid", "openly invited to stop by" and "PM me for directions" are comical at best.

You're an amusing man.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
As has been pointed out several times, we are just trying to help you. You're being a jerk. If you OC, (gun visible, whether it meets the legal definition or not) you are part of the movement whether you know it or not, and whether you or we, like it or not.

No one said that you were in a PFZ, but you could find yourself in one very easily. With the way you take advice, my bet is, that it would be a hospital.

MatieA

Look. You're on a open forum. If you don't like the answers....don't ask the questions. Anyone with common sense can see that your method of carry is irresponsible, at least.

Good luck to you sir. I see many mandatory court appearances in your future.

And your veiled threats of "dont be afraid", "openly invited to stop by" and "PM me for directions" are comical at best.

You're an amusing man.

I saw no veiled threats; I see someone saying that if you'd like to know him better you are welcome to stop and visit.
Some ppl are really paranoid....I read the post 4 times and still don't see any threat; veiled or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.