• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

incident at Fowlerville Wal Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailenforcer

Better to be called pilgrim than some of the things I have been called in here by a select click...

This passage below tells of how there are no men anymore... I see that coming in this country, too many so called men acting like bitter old women.

Isa.4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

Ok pilgrim...

eastmeyers

You became apart of this movement as soon as you became a participating member of OCDO, whether you or we like it. If you don't want to be a part of the movement delete your account, you can still come here for info, heck even still OC, just don't mention us to anyone, we don't need your "publicity"! People wonder why some of the good members are retiring, or just don't OC anymore, this is why.

Does opencarry.org have a mission statement somewhere that describes this as a movement. You seem to have a real bent to set me straight and it's just not going your way.

Yes, opencarry.org explicitly describes open carry as a movement:
"OpenCarry.org has grown to become the social networking portal for the open carry movement." [Emphasis added.]
-- <http://www.opencarry.org/press.html>

What serves as opencarry.org's "mission statement" is at the top of their home page:
"A pro-gun Internet community focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life."
-- <http://www.opencarry.org/>

Therefore, it should be no surprise that, here on this website:

1) Folks refer to open carry and think of it as a "movement" which all lawful OC'ers including you, whether they like it or not, affect in the court of public opinion.

2) You are being questioned about your carrying in your back pocket and there being much discussion, which you are invited to join, as to if you are "properly holstered".

[video=youtube;9Je8jTXlkdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Je8jTXlkdU[/video]

I didn't ask for a "Forum nazi" to tell me to remove my account! I won't be censored, this is America. I don't need your permission to visit this site "Or even OC". I will not be told whom to mention and whom to not mention, this is America and thats covered by my constituional rights as well. And who appointed you to judge good members from bad. The coffee/lunch/dinner invitation still stands and no, it's not a threat. I'm a good father a good husband a good worker and a good friend to those that choose to allow me into their lives. You could really be missing out on an opportunity here, don't behave this way.

Did you read my post? I clearly stated to go ahead and keep coming to this site, just don't be a contributing member if you DON'T want to be a part of the movement. Also I said, go ahead and OC even, just don't mention OCDO (I believe MOC was implied, maybe just in my own regard), IF you DON'T want to be apart of this movement. BTW you have made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that you DO NOT want to be a part of ANY OC movement. So again...

[video=youtube;9Je8jTXlkdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Je8jTXlkdU[/video]

Last edited:

eb31

You are pretty hard to ignore so I'll close with one more invitation. Read into it what you will. PM me for directions and we'll work this out in person.

Careful now Brutus. You might run across the wrong guy during your internet tough guy routine and get exactly what you wish for. And the outcome to that might not be so sane or favorabke to you. Some people in todays society arent wrapped too tight and might not deal in the brawn you're looking for. They might not even deal in handguns like you might be thinking. They might deal in chemical agents or incindiary devices. Things you couldnt even imagine. I'm just trying to broaden your thought process so you dont get yourself in a world of trouble.

My advice to you is put your little chump veiled threats back in your pocket with your little gun and go back to strolling through Walmart.

eastmeyers

You are pretty hard to ignore so I'll close with one more invitation. Read into it what you will. PM me for directions and we'll work this out in person.
Time for some light heartedness... So I take I-96 West till I get to that Resturant/Country Store/Gas Station in one, awesome food, little pricy, store is small, but good. I usally stop their on my way to Muskegon. They have a little "out house" that is mini version of the building right next to the freeway, right?

rj3663

PM refers to "Private message" but this will do. Continue south on that road for about three miles. My house is the large tan farmhouse with the big red barn and small red barn. White fence all the way around. Lemme' know when you are coming.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Before I stepped back into this discussion I put on my rainsuit ... good thing because the urinating contest apparently isn't over yet.

Funny thing about urinating contests... not only do the contestants get wet but so does everyone else... even those nowhere near the actual shower because they end up stepping in the overflow.

rj3663

There is a pig roast saturday in Grand Rapids. All are welcome to ride along. We will meet at the clubhouse at 11am. It's on the way to Muskegon.
OC friendly!

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
yes the title caught everyone's attention.

Everyone stated their objections to his carry style and made their opinions known.

Ummm, I did no such thing. In fact, I even admitted carrying in such a way that others here may easily find issue. I feel that as long as he knows the possible outcomes of his choices, he is adult enough to decide those sorts of issues for himself.

This forum is not a licensing bureau endowed with the power to pull such license of an OCer who violates what some here may believe are the proper methods of carry. Although I believe that, as a group, anytime that there is some sort of meeting that appears to "unofficially" represent OC to a larger audience certain expectations may be asked of those who attend, how a person carries in their day-today activities is his or her business alone. Not every OCer is a member of any group such as this so to assume that an OCer out in the public somehow is representative of OCDO or MOC is akin to thinking that every person who drives a car contrary to what we deem proper somehow represents AAA. ( Just my 2 cents)

Bailenforcer

Okay you got me I missed one post lol....

Well put..

Ummm, I did no such thing. In fact, I even admitted carrying in such a way that others here may easily find issue. I feel that as long as he knows the possible outcomes of his choices, he is adult enough to decide those sorts of issues for himself.

This forum is not a licensing bureau endowed with the power to pull such license of an OCer who violates what some here may believe are the proper methods of carry. Although I believe that, as a group, anytime that there is some sort of meeting that appears to "unofficially" represent OC to a larger audience certain expectations may be asked of those who attend, how a person carries in their day-today activities is his or her business alone. Not every OCer is a member of any group such as this so to assume that an OCer out in the public somehow is representative of OCDO or MOC is akin to thinking that every person who drives a car contrary to what we deem proper somehow represents AAA. ( Just my 2 cents)

NHCGRPR45

Well, I read the rules and sure enough there is no statement that calls this a movement and furthermore it states that you will police your own posts. Not "police OUR own" The coffee is on and I'm picking up a black angus quarter this weekend. The lunches and dinners are going to be pretty good till the steaks run out.

i heard something about MEAT!!!!!!! i like this guy!

NHCGRPR45

yes the title caught everyone's attention.

Everyone stated their objections to his carry style and made their opinions known. Now it's starting to become a brow beating session. That's what women do, nag nag nag. Let's quick the brow beating and agree to disagree. Some times this brow beating gets old.

Some do call it a movement and I do because only a few years ago no one tried to open carry, well almost no one. I was called an idiot, a maverick, suicidal, and was brow beat by some of the same people today that are suddenly pro open carry. So it is in some ways a movement because it has woken people up to act on rights they either didn't know they had, or were too afraid to use. I understand it isn't any fun to be arrested on a CCW charge and sit in jail till someone decided to bail you out. Been there done that. And the State trooper actually apologized to me, and that alone gave me needed reinforcement. But unless we start acting like grown men here and quit all this little old lady style nagging no one will take us seriously. It is a right! if he carries in a style you don't like then carry the way "you" like. But in the name of all that's good, the nagging has to stop.

Once again I most likely pissed a few or many off here and frankly I do not care. And most likely those who agree with me will stand quiet and say nothing except maybe an private email. So be it.

I suggest some watch some John Wayne movies or something to get a clue how men act. The bitchy brow beating stuff is obnoxious.

RJ3663 welcome to open carry

agreed.

cabman1

As has been pointed out several times, we are just trying to help you. You're being a jerk. If you OC, (gun visible, whether it meets the legal definition or not) you are part of the movement whether you know it or not, and whether you or we, like it or not.

No one said that you were in a PFZ, but you could find yourself in one very easily. With the way you take advice, my bet is, that it would be a hospital.

I am just in love with the Idea of beerme and stainless trying to give advice on how to carry!!!
Wasnt it you stainless that got poped for cc'ing in a pfz???
beerme isnt there a pic of you aiming an anti tank weapon in a park floating around???
Shouldnt you guys clean up your own yards before trying to give advice?????
I know rj and have to say if I had to have someone watch my back or even walk down the road RJ would be the first one and Stainless you know what I think about you carrying a sharp crayon!!!!

stainless1911

Banned
cabman keeps throwing stones, but can't keep the facts straight. I still have that picture, and Beerme was NOT carrying the inert and irrelevant AT4, he was holding a leash for his little dog. I've seen Beerme carry, he does it right, and has even gotten after me for the way I do things.

I wasn't CC, I don't CC, I don't believe in the practice.

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I'm curious about one thing, did the idea that Open carry is a movement ever get straightened out? The reason I ask, I saw several point to different parts of this site that mention it as a movement, but then the OP seemed sort of confused as he couldn't find anything.

I only wonder since, if you go the home page and scroll down, you'll links to part one and two of "PBS Need to Know - The Open Carry Movement."

Any way, just asking. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.