View Poll Results: Have a CPL? How often do you open carry?

37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 60% - 100%

23 62.16%
  • 30% - 60%

10 27.03%
  • 5% - 30%

2 5.41%
  • Less than 5%

2 5.41%

Thread: Michigan Residents w/ CPLs -- How often do you open carry?

Lansing, Michigan

Michigan Residents w/ CPLs -- How often do you open carry?

To those who have CPLs, how often do you open carry outside of the home/car?

Subtract out the times when your situation doesn't allow you to. For example, if your work doesn't allow the possession of a firearm.

Fowlerville, Michigan, USA
    At least every day.

Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    During the summer 6 days a week... during the school year a couple evenings a week and most Saturdays.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Everyday... everywhere I go that OC is legal. Oddly enough I avoid the places where it isn't legal.... same as I would avoid the plague.

But with a CPL open carry is rather convenient...

I have a very high level of respect for those who do not have a CPL.... and still open carry.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 09-20-2010 at 08:00 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Warren, Michigan, USA
    Whenever I'm alone. My wife supports CC, but does not support OC. Therefore, whenever I leave the house and I am not with her I typically OC. Approximately 40% of the time.
    All opinions posted on are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I have a very high level of respect for those who do not have a CPL.... and still open carry.
    I do too! I'd hate to have to "disarm" every time I get into a vehicle and the sheer number of liquor-licensed gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants would certainly cause me to sometimes go with "no-carry". I OC about 80%-90% of the time I carry and CC the remainder.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    I don't CC unless Im at church.

Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Over the course of the year it probably evens out to 50/50. When it's really hot out I don't like to wear a tucked in shirt so it's often CC during the height of summer. In the cooler times it's OC but as jacket weather approaches it is often CC unless the jacket comes off.

Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Roseville, Michigan, USA
    In the summer time i oc'd alot. But for the past month or so i just felt like cc'ing.

Oakland County, Michigan, USA
    I'm lucky in that I have guns to match what I'm wearing and the seasons, so concealing is never a bother. If I had fewer options, my percentage would be much much higher.