• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Residents w/ CPLs -- How often do you open carry?

Have a CPL? How often do you open carry?

• 60% - 100%

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • 30% - 60%

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • 5% - 30%

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Less than 5%

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

TheQ

To those who have CPLs, how often do you open carry outside of the home/car?

Subtract out the times when your situation doesn't allow you to. For example, if your work doesn't allow the possession of a firearm.

B

Bikenut

Everyday... everywhere I go that OC is legal. Oddly enough I avoid the places where it isn't legal.... same as I would avoid the plague.

But with a CPL open carry is rather convenient...

I have a very high level of respect for those who do not have a CPL.... and still open carry.

Last edited by a moderator:

malignity

Whenever I'm alone. My wife supports CC, but does not support OC. Therefore, whenever I leave the house and I am not with her I typically OC. Approximately 40% of the time.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I have a very high level of respect for those who do not have a CPL.... and still open carry.

I do too! I'd hate to have to "disarm" every time I get into a vehicle and the sheer number of liquor-licensed gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants would certainly cause me to sometimes go with "no-carry". I OC about 80%-90% of the time I carry and CC the remainder.

Bronson

Over the course of the year it probably evens out to 50/50. When it's really hot out I don't like to wear a tucked in shirt so it's often CC during the height of summer. In the cooler times it's OC but as jacket weather approaches it is often CC unless the jacket comes off.

Bronson

Tao

I'm lucky in that I have guns to match what I'm wearing and the seasons, so concealing is never a bother. If I had fewer options, my percentage would be much much higher.