Thread: CPL Holders -- OC Versus CC

Question CPL Holders -- OC Versus CC

An honest poll. Out of all the time you are carrying, approximately what percentage of the time that you are carrying are you OCing? (Rather than concealed).

Hmmmmm.... how to answer that one...

Let's see...

I OC 99.something% of the time...

and..

I CC 99.something% of the time.

It is a rare occasion indeed that I am totally unarmed... rare enough to warrant marking it on the calendar!
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Where is this poll you speak of?
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Where is this poll you speak of?
    I didn't make it a poll. Didn't want to restrict answers.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    I OC 99.9% of the time. The only time that I might CC is after I was asked to, as I'm leaving, and that respect would only be given to a private residence. In a business, I would leave, but not cover.

Summer OC/CC
    70/30

Winter OC/CC
    20/80
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Um what is the point of this thread?

Since I don't keep a diary it would be hard to guess, and it depends on my mission. If it's just going and doing things for myself unrelated to my making a living? Probably 60% open. Related to my income 100% concealed for good reason. This is really a question most people can't answer with any accuracy I am guessing, as I think most people are people first and happen to carry and don't dwell on how much they want to CC or OC. Meaning they don't keep records.

All be it an interesting curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    An honest poll. Out of all the time you are carrying, approximately what percentage of the time that you are carrying are you OCing? (Rather than concealed).
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

I agree with Bailenforcer.. I aim to carry first... which way OC or CC really depends on the situation.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

100%, All day everyday, so far

Very few people here can say in honesty that they OC at work. Many that don't carry concealed at work.

In my opinion, the better question is how often people OC vs CC away from work.

My life these days is too hectic to put any meaningful numbers down, but I can say for sure that I carry everywhere I can legally.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Very few people here can say in honesty that they OC at work. Many that don't carry concealed at work.

My life these days is too hectic to put any meaningful numbers down, but I can say for sure that I carry everywhere I can legally.
    If I carry at work, I OC... because I must.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    If I carry at work, I OC... because I must.
    Yep...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I am at the other end of the spectrum. I CC everywhere I go. I have only OC'd once or twice. I have ment to OC a few times but have chickened out and just CC'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovernm View Post
    I am at the other end of the spectrum. I CC everywhere I go. I have only OC'd once or twice. I have ment to OC a few times but have chickened out and just CC'd.
    Come to an event and OC there! It's a lot easier to get over the initial fear, for lack of a better word, when there are a lot of people around you doing the same thing.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Quote Originally Posted by EM87 View Post
    Come to an event and OC there! It's a lot easier to get over the initial fear, for lack of a better word, when there are a lot of people around you doing the same thing.
    I made it out to one event a while ago, and really enjoyed it. I should make it to more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovernm View Post
    I made it out to one event a while ago, and really enjoyed it. I should make it to more.
    There is an event this Saturday in Hartford MI about an hour from you.. we would love to meet you!

See MOC SW Litter pickup thread!

Sorry, I've been AWOL for a while.

Open Carry: About 85% - everywhere except when I am in school or anything church related but those two things do take a lot of my time. I am a full time student, a part time teacher, and do a lot of church stuff.

Conceal Carry in church. 5%

Unarmed cause of retarded PFZ in school: 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post

Before I got hurt, I OCed everyday at work. I think if I didn't they might fire me. LOL Also CC, pocket, and ankle.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless