• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I fixed some of my guns, shot them today!

1245A Defender

you may remember my thread about 6 out of 7 guns breaking down last time i shot.
i just found a nice Pit, only 5 miles from my house.
got up early, worked on my car, and my guzzi, had breakfast, and drove up into the woods.
tanfoglio gt380, got jammed up last time, my fix proved out 100%, worked fine.
grendel p12 in 380, had to rework the DAO trigger to draw the hammer farther, works great!
tec-22 machine pistol, reworked the firing pin, it shoots now, but ive got an extractor problem.
p-38 still having some feeding problems, i think the mag lips need some tuning.
star modelo super, still light strikes, it seems this ones spring is weaker than the other.
i made a spacer to put under the spring to preload it and get more pressure.
the other star modelo super, works great every time, so problems at all.
i shot up a bunch of my 1977 ball ammo, then tested it with the CCI blazer, worked fine.
i bought a box of 9x23 winchester, its is supposed to be much more powerful than 9mm largo,
but it didnt seem to have more kick than i was used too.
FNP45, shot finochi ball, then JHP, the ranger +P talon, always flawless.
AK47, wasted a bunch brown bear, and some of the silver bear i just bought.
didnt try bump fire today, but shooting el rapido, will push me back!