• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc in the Phoenix childrens hospital

*1911_man*

Tomorrow i have to take my sister and niece to the phoenix children's hospital, are they OC friendly? or do they have a "NO GUNS" policy? just need to know whether to leave the gun in the car or if i can carry it.

GWbiker

I would suspect most Hospitals around Arizona are posted with no weapons/firearms signs at main entrances. TMC in Tucson is posted.

utbagpiper

Banned
I wouldn't imagine they would. Cover it up and make sure there is at least one public entrance that doesn't have a sign. Oh, and stay away from MRIs...

I consider hospitals one of those fairly high risk locations. Think about it: sick and hurt people not getting treated as fast as they may like, both sides of the latest gang shootout lying feet apart in the ER, lots of really good drugs, and in most cases, VERY minimal real security. So I avoid going anywhere near a hospital without being armed.

That said, there are two very different circumstances under which I normally visit a hospital:

1-As a visitor to see someone who is the hospital;

2-As next of kin, responsible party, or "advocate" for a person who is receiving treatment.

In the first case, I don't much care if I CC or OC. Here in Utah I can carry as I see fit and the worst the hospital can do is ask me to leave. And I'm rarely going to be present for any actual procedure if I'm just visiting.

In the latter case, I conceal or even deep conceal. Not only do I not want to be told to leave when I am there helping care for a family member, but when someone is cutting into, stitching up, poking, probing, or otherwise treating my loved ones, I don't want them at all distracted or made nervous by my firearm.

There is a time and place for everything and when someone I love is being treated in a hospital and I'm there to help assure proper treatment is not the time or place for me to be making political statements or "educating" anyone about self-defense.

Shopping for groceries or gas, watching a movie, reading in the library, eating out, or just taking a walk or hike or bike ride are great times for political statements and education.

Just my $.02 worth.

Charles