• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Henrico non event that was an event

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
When I came back from the farm I had to come down Azalia Ave (Just a couple of blocks from the murder the other night).
I had swapped cars with my wife (Who has a CHP) because she was towing her ATV and I was worried about her handling it in the burbs.

There was a car across both lanes with it's nose resting on the sidewalk and I drove around it. As I did the fellow yelled Help.

I stopped and got out and he said he'd run out of gas...I could smell the alcohol from ten feet so I guess he had fun doing it:D

I told him I'd take him to the gas station. Then he asked if I could push him so his car wasn't blocking traffic. I did.

About the time the car was straight a Henrico cop pulled up and got out. I just pointed at the other fellow.

He told the cop I was taking him to get gas and we got in the car, I really wanted to get rid of him.
After a quarter mile The cop pulled me over, walked up and looked at my passenger and said "What's the story with the license plates".

I'm sure he had run the wife's plates also and saw she had a CHP and I had a 45/70 on the back seat as well as a 44 Mag on my side.

The guy said "It's my daughters car and she's in Iraq":question:

Then the Cop said, "May I see your Drivers license?" The fellow said "It's suspended but I know my SSN".

This was just getting better all the time.

The Cop looked at me and I asked if he wanted to see my License and he said "You're just helping him out aren't you?"
I said "yeah but I'm willing to give him to you as soon as you're ready"

The Cop must have thought that was funny because he had to walk a few steps back to suppress a laugh.

Then he said to the passenger "You come sit in my car so this gentleman can get on with what he's doing".

I have to give him credit. I looked like anything but a Gentleman. I had been working on the tractor and was covered with grease. Then I had been using the tractor in the fields the rest of the day and a layer of red dirt was covering and stuck to the grease.

There was never any mention of guns or permits or even the brake lights on the trailer that don't work. Not all Henrico Cops are bad.

wylde007

There was never any mention of guns or permits or even the brake lights on the trailer that don't work. Not all Henrico Cops are bad.
Did the trailer block the brake lights on your vehicle?

I have been led to understand that if the lights on the towing vehicle are unobstructed then the trailer lights do not have to be functional.

Of course someone could have been blowing smoke up my keister.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Did the trailer block the brake lights on your vehicle?

I have been led to understand that if the lights on the towing vehicle are unobstructed then the trailer lights do not have to be functional.

Of course someone could have been blowing smoke up my keister.

No, it's a low trailer. Maybe that's why he didn't say anything about it.:uhoh:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Where you OC or CC the 44mag? If that was CC did you make any print? lol such a big caliber.

I don't have a permit....OC only

lol such a big caliber

bgsl.jpg

Last edited: