Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

OC seminar Owosso area: Oct. 2nd 3-6 PM

Open Carry Seminar
    Owosso Area

Where: VFW Post 9455---519 S. Chipman St. Owosso, Mi. 48867
    When: Saturday October 2nd
    Time: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Free admission.

Presenters: Brian Jeffs, Past President MOC, Inc.
    Jerry Brewer: Past Sgt. At Arms MOC, Inc.

Talk will cover the basic aspects of the open carry of a handgun in Michigan. There will be plenty of time to ask questions after the talk.

If you are interested in open carry and are in the greater Owosso area mark this day on your calendar. You won’t be disappointed.
    Last edited by Venator; 09-21-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Yooperlady and I are planning to attend for the simple reason that you and Warchild need someone to keep you in line. Or maybe it is because we have nothing else to do and figure listening to you will put us to sleep and we can at least get a nap in.

Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

FYI...
    The VFW does have a bar in the building.
    There are separate entrances to the building for the bar and the hall.
    I have asked that the door "in between" remain locked while we are there.
    OC or CC will be acceptable, with or without a CPL. We have the owner's permission to be there so carrying within your restrictions (with/out CPL)should be legal.
    I do ask that if you would like to patronize the bar; wait until after the seminar is over.
    Also, they have a small parking lot and spaces are limited. There is "on street" parking available; take this into consideration when planning your travel time.
    We thank you for your consideration, spread the word.
    Jerry

I should be there,i want to look at warchilds hat again!
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by WARCHILD View Post
    FYI...
    The VFW does have a bar in the building.
    There are separate entrances to the building for the bar and the hall.
    I have asked that the door "in between" remain locked while we are there.
    OC or CC will be acceptable, with or without a CPL. We have the owner's permission to be there so carrying within your restrictions (with/out CPL)should be legal.
    I do ask that if you would like to patronize the bar; wait until after the seminar is over.
    Also, they have a small parking lot and spaces are limited. There is "on street" parking available; take this into consideration when planning your travel time.
    We thank you for your consideration, spread the word.
    Jerry
    We are working on getting written permission.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Permission has been approved and signed.
    We will have the form at the seminar, so don't be concerned about carrying.

Top notch!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

ttt

We're planning for it. Hopefully Classic Arms will be done with my slide by then.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Ttt

This was getting near the bottom of the page. Time to bump it to the top!!

Great presentation by Brian...as usual.
    Thanks to all for their attendance and attention.

I think we had one hand raise on the question: has anyone not open carried before that would now be willing to give it a try?

A result worth the effort!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I think we had one hand raise on the question: has anyone not open carried before that would now be willing to give it a try?

A result worth the effort!
    1 is better than none, but only 1? how many attended?

under 12 i think,excluding us.

*edited to change "including" to "excluding" sorry i put in the wrong word!
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 10-03-2010 at 03:15 PM.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Deutschrichtlinie?!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
    This was getting near the bottom of the page. Time to bump it to the top!!
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    under 12 i think,including us.
    Actually I counted 19 people. Many of the people were already OCing to the meeting and have done some in the past. It was two people that will do it and are in the process of getting their CPLs.