Thread: EDITORIAL, September 21: State should make arts festival gun-free

EDITORIAL, September 21: State should make arts festival gun-free

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar

Thumbs down The Oakland Press lies

thats strange I looked up wild west this what I found.

WordNet Dictionary
    Noun 1. Wild West - the western United States during its frontier period

Related Words
    West, western United States

at

http://www.webster-dictionary.org/de...on/wild%20west

All these people can do is lie to try to get there way, its sad no mention of guns or killing or fighting.
    Last edited by quarter horseman; 09-21-2010 at 12:29 PM.

The proposed changes that were intorduced by Royal Oak, to be forwarded to The Michigan Legislature, would ask them to repeal the clause about..., ...Seating Capacity of 2500 Persons..., under 234d of Michigan Penal Code, and replace it with..., 'Entertainment Venue'... of atleast 2500 Persons.
    Subsequent responses by The Michigan State Legislature have already said NO.

Michigan's Legisalture is actually considering REPEALING 234d of Michigan Penal Code, which if enacted, would allow Open Carry State-wide by anyone, literally anywhere, so as long as the Person could Legally have and own the Firearm that they are found with while in any Public Place.

I like the contradictions the writer makes, we don't want more gun control, we just want to control your guns in more places! we love bearing arms!

is this guy serious? he contradicted himself at least 3 times in his opinion essay.

I like how Mayor Ellison and the articles author try to justify their positions by saying "we only want to change one word!" Please. What's to say Royal Oak doesn't start calling the Tuesday and Wednesday bike nights they host every week "festivals". Now the whole city is a venue and the entire City becomes pistol free two nights a week. Yeah, right. Slippery slope, anyone?

Yes he is serious. Some people believe their own lies, even after shown the facts. Ever talk to an eight year old? "I didn't eat the cookies in bed", "okay young man, I can see the crumbs in your bed, and the empty cookie package is under your bed, I have proof that you ate the cookies in your bed, what do you have to say for yourself?" "I swear I didn't I know I didn't!"

Same thing, a child that believes his own story.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    I like how Mayor Ellison and the articles author try to justify their positions by saying "we only want to change one word!" Please. What's to say Royal Oak doesn't start calling the Tuesday and Wednesday bike nights they host every week "festivals". Now the whole city is a venue and the entire City becomes pistol free two nights a week. Yeah, right. Slippery slope, anyone?
    You ever spray WD40 or Crisco on the bottom of your sled before, its actually kinda fun!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    God Bless

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    You ever spray WD40 or Crisco on the bottom of your sled before, its actually kinda fun!
    Yep sure is fun...until you get to the the bottom of the hill & encounter a sturdy tree...in this case we (the OC community) are said sturdy tree, a force of nature to be respected. However this kid, Mayor Ellison cries foul, and asks his mommy (Gov. Granholm) and his Daddy (The MI. Legislature) to chop the tree down! Nice, he tries to run us down & we are the bad guys? Think about this people for a minute, & ask what's really going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Yep sure is fun...until you get to the the bottom of the hill & encounter a sturdy tree...in this case we (the OC community) are said sturdy tree, a force of nature to be respected. However this kid, Mayor Ellison cries foul, and asks his mommy (Gov. Granholm) and his Daddy (The MI. Legislature) to chop the tree down! Nice, he tries to run us down & we are the bad guys? Think about this people for a minute, & ask what's really going on here?
    What is really going on is quite simple....

There is a soft revolution happening at every level from Federal to local using Saul Alinsky tactics to take the power of "we the people" away and give it to "them the government".

I suspect very few ever thought of the word "revolution" in that way! But a "revolution" is always the same basic thing.... someone takes the power from the one's who have it in order to be the one in power.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    Michigan's Legisalture is actually considering REPEALING 234d of Michigan Penal Code, which if enacted, would allow Open Carry State-wide by anyone, literally anywhere, so as long as the Person could Legally have and own the Firearm that they are found with while in any Public Place.
    Do you have a Bill number? I want to make some phone calls.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Thumbs up +1

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    What is really going on is quite simple....

There is a soft revolution happening at every level from Federal to local using Saul Alinsky tactics to take the power of "we the people" away and give it to "them the government".

I suspect very few ever thought of the word "revolution" in that way! But a "revolution" is always the same basic thing.... someone takes the power from the one's who have it in order to be the one in power.
    A Big Mac combo $5

Knowing your enemy = PRICELESS

A Big Mac combo $5

Knowing your enemy = PRICELESS
    Seeing as how I'm surely NOT your enemy ... does that mean you're gonna buy me a big mac combo? When? Yooperlady will want in on this too ya know.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

I am going to guess this article before I even read it:
    Blah, blah, blah, wild west, blah, blah, blah, cowboys, blah, blah, blah, stroking egos, blah, blah, blah, first to be shot, blah, blah, blah. Did I miss anything?

Banned
    You're right slave, but this is serious.

I too have contacted the legislature, and received several replies. All have said that they aren't changing the laws....Its the quiet ones you have to worry about.

Scott623 nailed it. Slippery slope.

the MI legislature has already said no way, granholm said even if she tried to bring a bill to stop us it would get no support. however these things are dependant on the next election, we may be winning right now but we can't let our train of victories make us complacent, lazy, or stupid! we have to pay more attention now than we ever have! we are winning! and thats great! but we can't win forever! lets make sure we don't win the battle and loose the war.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Seeing as how I'm surely NOT your enemy ... does that mean you're gonna buy me a big mac combo? When? Yooperlady will want in on this too ya know.
    LOL...we'll seeing it's a little bit of a drive for me if you can find a McD's in between us dinner is my treat!

LOL...we'll seeing it's a little bit of a drive for me if you can find a McD's in between us dinner is my treat!
    And I still owe you a soda.... from Arthurs...

The article should be titled royal oak wants to force citizens to open carry at abe. I agree it is not going to happen in lansing at least not in the short term
    If they changed that one word it would only prohibit cc
    Last edited by lapeer20m; 09-21-2010 at 08:38 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Banned
    Lets not let them know about that. Its obvious they don't know, and if they get what they ask for, we will still be able to OC there.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Lets not let them know about that. Its obvious they don't know, and if they get what they ask for, we will still be able to OC there.
    Thats because during the meetings when we told them, they had their fingers in their ears, yelling, "La la la la la la la la la, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, la la la la la la la la"!
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Banned
    That was cheezy. But accurate, and funny.

Perhaps we can press the legislature to make certain areas "idiot free zones" by banning all politicians (and antis) from these areas? It seems that every major public event I go to lately has a large number of policticos hawking their sense of "we'll make a law.. that will fix it" mentality. I get so scared every time I see one of them doing this. I can understand their right to "speech" and all that, but is it necessary for them to do so at family centered events? Think of the children!! They have free speech zones when the president comes to town, why should these idiots be allowed to "shoot their mouth off" just anywhere. Goodness, they are going to ruin it for all of us other "free speechers". They are just pushing it too far. I guess that is the thanks us "free-speechers" get for working so hard to change the law back in 2002, back when you couldn't even leave your house with your "free-speech" unless you were going to write a column in a newspaper or go on tv. The gall of these people. We need to put a stop to this.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 09-22-2010 at 11:39 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Website no longer works, lol. Go figure, if you loose the fight to fact and logic, then sensor it so the public doesn't figure it out. I could be wrong this could be a glitch, but who knows.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    Website no longer works, lol. Go figure, if you loose the fight to fact and logic, then sensor it so the public doesn't figure it out. I could be wrong this could be a glitch, but who knows.
    When I try the link it just loads a blank page? Hmmm...very curios...indeed.