• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EDITORIAL, September 21: State should make arts festival gun-free

quarter horseman

The Oakland Press lies

thats strange I looked up wild west this what I found.

WordNet Dictionary
Noun 1. Wild West - the western United States during its frontier period

Related Words
West, western United States

at

http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/wild west

All these people can do is lie to try to get there way, its sad no mention of guns or killing or fighting.

Last edited:

aadvark

The proposed changes that were intorduced by Royal Oak, to be forwarded to The Michigan Legislature, would ask them to repeal the clause about..., ...Seating Capacity of 2500 Persons..., under 234d of Michigan Penal Code, and replace it with..., 'Entertainment Venue'... of atleast 2500 Persons.
Subsequent responses by The Michigan State Legislature have already said NO.

Michigan's Legisalture is actually considering REPEALING 234d of Michigan Penal Code, which if enacted, would allow Open Carry State-wide by anyone, literally anywhere, so as long as the Person could Legally have and own the Firearm that they are found with while in any Public Place.

kyleplusitunes

I like the contradictions the writer makes, we don't want more gun control, we just want to control your guns in more places! we love bearing arms!

is this guy serious? he contradicted himself at least 3 times in his opinion essay.

scot623

I like how Mayor Ellison and the articles author try to justify their positions by saying "we only want to change one word!" Please. What's to say Royal Oak doesn't start calling the Tuesday and Wednesday bike nights they host every week "festivals". Now the whole city is a venue and the entire City becomes pistol free two nights a week. Yeah, right. Slippery slope, anyone?

eastmeyers

Yes he is serious. Some people believe their own lies, even after shown the facts. Ever talk to an eight year old? "I didn't eat the cookies in bed", "okay young man, I can see the crumbs in your bed, and the empty cookie package is under your bed, I have proof that you ate the cookies in your bed, what do you have to say for yourself?" "I swear I didn't I know I didn't!"

Same thing, a child that believes his own story.

eastmeyers

I like how Mayor Ellison and the articles author try to justify their positions by saying "we only want to change one word!" Please. What's to say Royal Oak doesn't start calling the Tuesday and Wednesday bike nights they host every week "festivals". Now the whole city is a venue and the entire City becomes pistol free two nights a week. Yeah, right. Slippery slope, anyone?

You ever spray WD40 or Crisco on the bottom of your sled before, its actually kinda fun! :p

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
You ever spray WD40 or Crisco on the bottom of your sled before, its actually kinda fun! :p

Yep sure is fun...until you get to the the bottom of the hill & encounter a sturdy tree...in this case we (the OC community) are said sturdy tree, a force of nature to be respected. However this kid, Mayor Ellison cries foul, and asks his mommy (Gov. Granholm) and his Daddy (The MI. Legislature) to chop the tree down! Nice, he tries to run us down & we are the bad guys? Think about this people for a minute, & ask what's really going on here?

B

Bikenut

Yep sure is fun...until you get to the the bottom of the hill & encounter a sturdy tree...in this case we (the OC community) are said sturdy tree, a force of nature to be respected. However this kid, Mayor Ellison cries foul, and asks his mommy (Gov. Granholm) and his Daddy (The MI. Legislature) to chop the tree down! Nice, he tries to run us down & we are the bad guys? Think about this people for a minute, & ask what's really going on here?

What is really going on is quite simple....

There is a soft revolution happening at every level from Federal to local using Saul Alinsky tactics to take the power of "we the people" away and give it to "them the government".

I suspect very few ever thought of the word "revolution" in that way! But a "revolution" is always the same basic thing.... someone takes the power from the one's who have it in order to be the one in power.

TheQ

Michigan's Legisalture is actually considering REPEALING 234d of Michigan Penal Code, which if enacted, would allow Open Carry State-wide by anyone, literally anywhere, so as long as the Person could Legally have and own the Firearm that they are found with while in any Public Place.

Do you have a Bill number? I want to make some phone calls.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
+1

What is really going on is quite simple....

There is a soft revolution happening at every level from Federal to local using Saul Alinsky tactics to take the power of "we the people" away and give it to "them the government".

I suspect very few ever thought of the word "revolution" in that way! But a "revolution" is always the same basic thing.... someone takes the power from the one's who have it in order to be the one in power.

A Big Mac combo $5

Knowing your enemy = PRICELESS

Slave

I am going to guess this article before I even read it:
Blah, blah, blah, wild west, blah, blah, blah, cowboys, blah, blah, blah, stroking egos, blah, blah, blah, first to be shot, blah, blah, blah. Did I miss anything?

stainless1911

Banned
You're right slave, but this is serious.

I too have contacted the legislature, and received several replies. All have said that they aren't changing the laws....Its the quiet ones you have to worry about.

Scott623 nailed it. Slippery slope.

NHCGRPR45

the MI legislature has already said no way, granholm said even if she tried to bring a bill to stop us it would get no support. however these things are dependant on the next election, we may be winning right now but we can't let our train of victories make us complacent, lazy, or stupid! we have to pay more attention now than we ever have! we are winning! and thats great! but we can't win forever! lets make sure we don't win the battle and loose the war.

lapeer20m

The article should be titled royal oak wants to force citizens to open carry at abe. I agree it is not going to happen in lansing at least not in the short term
If they changed that one word it would only prohibit cc

Last edited: