Thread: Plan on visiting Leesburg and Fredericksburg next week (9/26/2010).

Plan on visiting Leesburg and Fredericksburg next week (9/26/2010).

My wife and I are planning to come to Virginia next week to scout out area's for buying a house. I can't wait to get back to an open carry friendly state(NC,VA). I am from Nebraska (open carry state). I will let everyone know, what I run into on the drive up from Fort Stewart Ga.

Welcome to OCDO.

What part of the state? It's fairly diverse!

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Welcome to OCDO.

What part of the state? It's fairly diverse!

TFred
    We are going to be in Leesburg and Fredericksburg. We have been assigned to the Pentagon, and I am just looking for a small Farm/Ranch for our horses. We have lived here before, about a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CSM US ARMY View Post
    We are going to be in Leesburg and Fredericksburg. We have been assigned to the Pentagon, and I am just looking for a small Farm/Ranch for our horses. We have lived here before, about a decade ago.
    Can't speak to Leesburg, but Fredericksburg is a world different than 10 years ago. There are still rural areas around, you just have to drive a little bit farther to get to them. I guess that's true everywhere that is growing.

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    You might want to develop some contacts in real estate that can let you know about short sales in the area. I've seen some going for 0.20 on the dollar here in the last couple of months.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    We are going to be in Leesburg
    Gimme a couple nights to choose from and we can set up a small Open Carry dinner in Leesburg if you like. :-)
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    Gimme a couple nights to choose from and we can set up a small Open Carry dinner in Leesburg if you like. :-)
    yes please. sucked that I couldn't make it to the sterling oc dinner. need to stop stalking the forums and meet some folks :-P

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I don't know how well you know the area, but both Leesburg and Fredericksburg are sucky commutes to the Pentagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I don't know how well you know the area, but both Leesburg and Fredericksburg are sucky commutes to the Pentagon.
    Stop kidding yourself. ANYWHERE in nova/md is a sucky commute to the Pentagon...
    Last edited by Jonton; 09-23-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonton View Post
    Stop kidding yourself. ANYWHERE in nova/md is a sucky commute to the Pentagon...
    But then there is this rather recent invention you may have heard about... They call them "trains". I certainly wouldn't drive a car from Fred'berg to DC every day. That would be nuts! I've heard the commuter from F'berg to DC isn't that bad. The military also gives you extra $$$ for taking public transportation.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    But then there is this rather recent invention you may have heard about... They call them "trains". I certainly wouldn't drive a car from Fred'berg to DC every day. That would be nuts! I've heard the commuter from F'berg to DC isn't that bad. The military also gives you extra $$$ for taking public transportation.
    I was going to mention VRE to the OP, but he said he had been here about 10 years ago, which was well after VRE started up.

I've ridden VRE just a very few times, so it's still a novelty for me, but it doesn't take much observation on the train or especially as they jump off and literally run for their cars, that they aren't there by first choice.

Probably better than driving, but clearly a lesser of two very evil options.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I was going to mention VRE to the OP, but he said he had been here about 10 years ago, which was well after VRE started up.

I've ridden VRE just a very few times, so it's still a novelty for me, but it doesn't take much observation on the train or especially as they jump off and literally run for their cars, that they aren't there by first choice.

Probably better than driving, but clearly a lesser of two very evil options.

TFred
    But OC is not prohibitted on VRE.

Admittedly the OP could not avail himself of that during the work week (unless he found a secure storage site before arriving at the Pentagram). It's just pleasing to remind folks of the fact.

stay safe.

I might suggest somewhere in between Manassas and Warrenton, plenty of horse properties and close to Manassas VRE. I see a lot of DOD stickers around the north side of Warrenton.