Thread: Adam Mueller from LibertyOnTour.com arrested in Las Vegas

Adam Mueller from LibertyOnTour.com arrested in Las Vegas

He was arrested on Sunday for "obstruction" when he refused to provide ID after he had already stated his name and given officers enough other information to positively ID him. He was released this morning.

http://www.libertyontour.com/2010/09/20/adamsarrest/

Campaign Veteran
    Too bad we missed it, their visit seemed to be a perfect opportunity for an OC get together on the strip. Looks like today is the last day of the tour and they're moving to Phoenix now.

Yeah, I wish I had found it earlier. According to their website, they have already crossed the dam on their way to Phoenix.

I'm glad tim made the post on their site about only needing to identify oneself by name, especially after that other comment said they should have given their IDs.

Anyone see the video where he tried going to the detention center, and they said it was private property? That shocked me, I thought our jails were public buildings.

first I've ever heard of them- not enough gun stuff, a lot of so called anarchist/food not bombers are just silly liberals into gun control.
    but I "liked" their FB page because they're on the right path.

Absolutely incredible that the LVPD, with no less than four units, doesn't have the combined mental capacity to understand what a citizens rights are and uphold their oaths.

I'm torn between avoiding LV completely or going there myself to OC.

As for the ID issue, the PD violated the law and the Constitution. It shoudl be quite simple to remove their immunity as it is quite well established that officers may ASK for ID but that it need not be provided. That they may ASK for your name but that you only need to give your name (not your ID) if they have Reasonable Articulable Suspicion yadda yadda. Civil suits are in order against both the LVPD and the individual officers. Unfortunately, I doubt that they will be filed as I didn't get the impression that these two individuals were the kind to stick around and fight the fight once they got their photo/video op. Hopefully I'm wrong on that.