• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So Whats it Going to Take?

Smith45acp

1 - Full state preemption. Traveling should not make me a criminal.

2 - Restaurant carry like VA has. If I'm not drinking I shouldn't give up my self defense rights.

acritical

Ok, I have been reading through this posting and where I can agree with some of the things said, one thing comes to mind that was never addressed.

It was said that we would like no permit whatsoever to carry however we like. I like and agree with that idea. It was also said that non-violent felons should be allowed to carry a gun. So maybe someone charged with embezzlement or excessive wreckless driving, ok I can see that.

My question comes here.... how would we know who is NOT allowed to carry a weapon under these circumstances? Or are we saying that it does not matter, let the LEOs figure that out when running across the individual in the response to a crime or during a traffic stop? Just wondering.

sultan62

Ok, I have been reading through this posting and where I can agree with some of the things said, one thing comes to mind that was never addressed.

It was said that we would like no permit whatsoever to carry however we like. I like and agree with that idea. It was also said that non-violent felons should be allowed to carry a gun. So maybe someone charged with embezzlement or excessive wreckless driving, ok I can see that.

My question comes here.... how would we know who is NOT allowed to carry a weapon under these circumstances? Or are we saying that it does not matter, let the LEOs figure that out when running across the individual in the response to a crime or during a traffic stop? Just wondering.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone should be able to carry. Regarding anyone who needs a caregiver (minor, mentally challenged,etc.) the caregiver should take care of this.

rugerljr

Does it matter now who is or isn't allowed to carry? Criminals will always carry a gun. The laws won't change for them reguardless to whether we need a permit to carry concealed or not. I figure as long as the criminals are going to do it, we need to just drop the permits all together.

sultan62

Including the sorry a$$ed 15 year old sitting in the Fayetteville jail for violently assaulting 8 people so far?

I'm sorry it happened. His parents should have been taking care of him, and now he's in jail. To be tried, sentenced, and sent to prison.

What regulation do YOU suggest?

J_Oliver

I can honestly say that this is a rather stigmatic subject. The right to bear arms is a right that in the end has and forever will save the lives of individuals and families. I fully believe in the ability for a law abiding citizen to openly carry. When it comes to giving felons the ability to carry, I'll just say that some of my closest friends are felons and I'd trust them to carry a handgun and have my back and protect the lives of the general public as much if not more than most non-felons. This may be because they're all prior Armed security or US Special Forces. The line has to be drawn between the felons that are given the ability and the one's that are not. prior-felons with unjustified Murder, theft (whether petty or major), Sex crimes (including computer crimes) and other violent crimes on their record should never be allowed the ability to carry. I have a friend that is a veteran that was caught with marijuana. He has a felony because he was caught buying a months worth for personal use. I understand that as a veteran, he's seen and been through a lot more than almost any of us will ever have to deal with. It took the edge off the pain of the things he's done in foreign countries. Should he be allowed to carry? I believe so. The question is a very muddled one that may never have an answer. We have the ability to lobby for this to change. So, that being said, who's gonna take the first step?

Sorry for the rant, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

sultan62

Unfortunately, the best solution means reform to both gun laws and the correctional system. Those who should not be trusted to own a gun should not be out of prison. Those who are trusted to live among us should retain their rights, including RTKBA.