Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Please stand down UOC at SAF GRPC

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fresno, California, USA
    Posts
    40

    Please stand down UOC at SAF GRPC

    Got word today from SAF that the hotel will be hostile to us doing UOC. Many have contacted the hotel and they contacted SAF.

    They are expecting protestors from the other side to also show up.

    This particular GRPC Conference is extremely important in that we are finally on "Offense". Yes it is a "retreat" not to UOC at the event, but it is a "Tactical One".

    As one who has attended SAF GRPC Conferences in other states, I will tell you the SAF fully supports our rights and the only thing that is changing is that SAF is going on offense even more.

    If you show, leave your gun in your car or you room. If you are one of the few who have a CCW, fine.

    If you are unhappy about the hotel, perhaps send a strong letter to Corporate Headquarters about how you are unhappy with the hotel dissing your first and second amendment rights.

    Having a GUN RIGHTS CONFERENCE in San Francisco is a BOLD MOVE already. This conference may attract much media attention. Let's give SAF the courtesy of having some control of the message.

    It is after all, SAF's party.

    I am sorry to even ask you guys to stand down, but in the long run, it will bring back LOC which is what most of us really want anyway.

    Thanks
    Nicki

  2. #2
    Regular Member Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    705
    Quick detail question, Nicki: Would it be appropriate for those attending to continue to wear their empty holsters?
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

    • • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

  3. #3
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    I have the time to come to the conference, but I will not be buying a hotel room to stay the night because of the anti-gun policy. While I'd like to sit in and meet alot of pro-gun people, Im debating whether or not I will come at all. It is a mystery to me as to why a gun rights organization chose an anti-gun business to host their event. I would have sent a message with my money. No guns? No money.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  4. #4
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    I have the time to come to the conference, but I will not be buying a hotel room to stay the night because of the anti-gun policy.
    Get your butt there. Hope to see your smiling face!

  5. #5
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by nicki View Post
    Got word today from SAF that the hotel will be hostile to us doing UOC. Many have contacted the hotel and they contacted SAF.

    ...Yes it is a "retreat" not to UOC at the event, but it is a "Tactical One"...

    It is after all, SAF's party.

    I am sorry to even ask you guys to stand down, but in the long run, it will bring back LOC which is what most of us really want anyway.

    Thanks
    Nicki
    Just admit that SAF made a tactical blunder by bringing its business to an anti-gun establishment. As a result, OC'ers are effectively silenced at this conference.

    Unless, SAF did this knowing upfront that OC'ers would not be able to OC at this meeting and this is what SAF wanted!
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

  6. #6
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by nicki View Post
    I am sorry to even ask you guys to stand down, but in the long run, it will bring back LOC which is what most of us really want anyway.
    How again, exactly, does not UOC'ing in a San Fransicko hotel bring back LOC?

    SAF may want to hold a pro-gun meeting in the enemy's back yard, but its never a good idea to fund your opposition, especially when it comes with the caveat of losing your rights during the event that promotes them to begin with. That's actually...well, dumb.

    How about standing down from this hotel? Which hotel is it again? It should go on the boycott list...for business and pleasure.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    145
    Irony: holding a Gun Rights Conference at a Hotel where you are prohibited from exercising said rights.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Liberty View Post
    Just admit that SAF made a tactical blunder by bringing its business to an anti-gun establishment. As a result, OC'ers are effectively silenced at this conference.

    Unless, SAF did this knowing upfront that OC'ers would not be able to OC at this meeting and this is what SAF wanted!
    +1

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bedford, Texas, USA
    Posts
    834
    did the hotel have any clue what 'gun rights policy conference' entailed?

    this is ridiculous. the more we bend over backwards for these unconstitutional entities, the more we lose.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830
    What's with the stand downs in Kali? Isn't the idea to be an activist, not a compromiser?

    Although I'd have enjoyed going to the conference if I could have (can't afford it presently) I'd have instead liked to have staged a protest against both the hotel and the SAF if they are so hypocrital that they select a carry unfriendly place to host the meeting.

    That it is in SF strikes me as meaningless. I believe it was you Nicki who so accurately has said Kali is so far left it left the planet or something like that. But whether they like it or not, they are bound to the constitution. It is a national conference being advertised nationally. It is about gun rights. It's like a librarians conference banning books. I cannot imagine why anyone would have any interest in going, given the gun ban at the event. The very concept is asinine.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  11. #11
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    That it is in SF strikes me as meaningless.
    +1

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Liberty View Post
    Just admit that SAF made a tactical blunder by bringing its business to an anti-gun establishment. As a result, OC'ers are effectively silenced at this conference.

    Unless, SAF did this knowing upfront that OC'ers would not be able to OC at this meeting and this is what SAF wanted!
    No hotel in the State of California will allow the attendance of a conference which will allow UOC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilinbp View Post
    Irony: holding a Gun Rights Conference at a Hotel where you are prohibited from exercising said rights.
    Unloaded open carry is not a civil right. Loaded carry is. By giving the impression that UOC is somehow a civil right, you misapprehend the point of the 2nd amendment, which is the ability to carry functional firearms. Given your logic, the District of Columbia's requirement that your gun be unloaded at all times pre-Heller would be acceptable.

    Quote Originally Posted by DKSuddeth View Post
    did the hotel have any clue what 'gun rights policy conference' entailed?

    this is ridiculous. the more we bend over backwards for these unconstitutional entities, the more we lose.
    Private hotels are not bound by the constitution.

    Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    What's with the stand downs in Kali? Isn't the idea to be an activist, not a compromiser?

    Although I'd have enjoyed going to the conference if I could have (can't afford it presently) I'd have instead liked to have staged a protest against both the hotel and the SAF if they are so hypocrital that they select a carry unfriendly place to host the meeting.
    Oh, they're not carry unfriendly. They just don't like UOC because it causes other guests to cancel their hotel rooms. You can bet there will be a lot of LUCC and loaded concealed carry on the property by California folks who happen to live in more reasonable places to get a license to carry.

    A local convention that I attend here allows concealed carry (they used to ban all guns but they quietly dropped it with a "you draw and your gone" and "exposed weapons are not allowed unless peace tied" rule. Given that I prefer to carry loaded, I'd carry concealed. Anything beyond that would have ran into a conflict with the hotel.

    That it is in SF strikes me as meaningless. I believe it was you Nicki who so accurately has said Kali is so far left it left the planet or something like that. But whether they like it or not, they are bound to the constitution. It is a national conference being advertised nationally. It is about gun rights. It's like a librarians conference banning books. I cannot imagine why anyone would have any interest in going, given the gun ban at the event. The very concept is asinine.
    Fighting battles and booking events in easy places like Lincoln, Nebraska, Dallas Texas, Atlanta Georgia, and Indianapolis is preaching to a choir. You take the fight into heart of enemy territory in order to win. The point is to demoralize the anti-gun base, like what happened when SAF and CGF put the below poster in the best stops throughout the city.



    Gets a lot of people thinking. If you don't understand this particular tactic, then you don't know how to fight PR wars. In fact, the next GRPC is going to be in Chicago, Illinois, another one of the "Hearts of Anti-Gun Darkness" in this country.

  13. #13
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    Fighting battles and booking events in easy places like Lincoln, Nebraska, Dallas Texas, Atlanta Georgia, and Indianapolis is preaching to a choir. You take the fight into heart of enemy territory in order to win. The point is to demoralize the anti-gun base, like what happened when SAF and CGF put the below poster in the best stops throughout the city.

    Gets a lot of people thinking. If you don't understand this particular tactic, then you don't know how to fight PR wars. In fact, the next GRPC is going to be in Chicago, Illinois, another one of the "Hearts of Anti-Gun Darkness" in this country.
    If you want to demoralize them, don't give them your money! You take the fight to your enemy so that it COSTS THEM, NOT YOU! There are other cities in CA other than SF. Funding the city of SF with exorbitant hotel tax dollars will NOT demoralize them. It will fill their coffers for the next battle. Fill the coffers of the friendliest town NEXT TO SF, not in SF! Duh! And make it a part of your message. Can anyone give me an "ARIZONA"?!

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    If you want to demoralize them, don't give them your money! You take the fight to your enemy so that it COSTS THEM, NOT YOU! There are other cities in CA other than SF. Funding the city of SF with exorbitant hotel tax dollars will NOT demoralize them. It will fill their coffers for the next battle. Fill the coffers of the friendliest town NEXT TO SF, not in SF! Duh! And make it a part of your message. Can anyone give me an "ARIZONA"?!
    I point out that the conference doesn't take place in SF city itself:

    1333 Bayshore Highway,
    Burlingame, California, USA 94010

    Tainted tax dollars from gun owners ftw.

  15. #15
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Riverside, California, USA
    Posts
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    If you want to demoralize them, don't give them your money! You take the fight to your enemy so that it COSTS THEM, NOT YOU! There are other cities in CA other than SF. Funding the city of SF with exorbitant hotel tax dollars will NOT demoralize them. It will fill their coffers for the next battle. Fill the coffers of the friendliest town NEXT TO SF, not in SF! Duh! And make it a part of your message. Can anyone give me an "ARIZONA"?!
    +1
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Get your butt there. Hope to see your smiling face!
    What exactly are you saying? Nope. I take it back. I don't want to know.

    I'm just going to write that off as an unfortunate choice of words.


  17. #17
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    I point out that the conference doesn't take place in SF city itself:

    1333 Bayshore Highway,
    Burlingame, California, USA 94010

    Tainted tax dollars from gun owners ftw.
    That's a relief. I don't want to be misunderstood, I hope this conference is a success. However, I will go out on a ledge and say it may be one of the least attended conferences. Why? Because no freedom loving, gun-toting patriot I've ever met wants to visit SF. Just thinking about having to go there makes my skin crawl. That's why I'm not attending...plus work and family.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    Oh, they're not carry unfriendly. They just don't like UOC because it causes other guests to cancel their hotel rooms. You can bet there will be a lot of LUCC and loaded concealed carry on the property by California folks who happen to live in more reasonable places to get a license to carry.


    I don't buy it.

    The first and only time so far I met Nicki, we were both OCing at a hotel we were staying at in Virginia. The hotel was booked with some second amendment march folks, but the majority was people for other reasons who were from out of the state and out of the country, there to go to DC for whatever reason. I humbly submit to you that east coast folks and indeed foreign folks are no less anti gun than many SF folks. Yet, there was only one reaction I saw in regards to open carrying, which was a guest at the hotel getting visibly intimidated by a petite woman open carrying, which had to have been because he felt his masculinity was threatened, which I thought was hilarious. This was at the Sheraton if I remember right. Not too fancy, but certainly not trashy.

    I also humbly submit to you that the majority of the people who would stay at a hotel in the bay area would be from an area other than the bay, making them arguably on par with the other people we encountered staying in Virginia. I place the blame for this squarely on the organizers and hosts of the event either being squeamish, stupid, or lazy. You could also call it compromising, but I think that compromising is a profane word for gun owners to use.
    Last edited by Michigander; 09-23-2010 at 10:39 AM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Roseville, California, USA
    Posts
    486

    Gray Peterson is NOT a RINO!

    Hello All,

    Gray Peterson and I have sparred over his tactics before. I claimed he was a RINO; he responded that he was not a registered republican. I was guilty of assuming, by reading his words, that he was a check-pants country club republican, and for that, I am sorry for libeling him.

    However, his post on this thread gives me the impression that he is a check-pants country club republican.

    He must have a California CCW (again, I am assuming this by reading his post). Which MAY have been granted to him because of a quid pro quo with his sheriff. My sheriff in Placer County is known for having a decent "may issue" policy. Unfortunately, I don't have a decent enough reason to gain a CCW in Placer County other than, "I want one and I am not legally barred from having one!"

    I get that slimy feeling from Gray when I read him trying to equivocate with command-and-control eletists.

    Hey Gray, enjoy the dog bones the elites feed you.

    markm

    PS: The poster is beautiful; Gray and I totally agree with this tactic.

  20. #20
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkBofRAdvocate View Post
    Hello All,

    Gray Peterson and I have sparred over his tactics before. I claimed he was a RINO; he responded that he was not a registered republican. I was guilty of assuming, by reading his words, that he was a check-pants country club republican, and for that, I am sorry for libeling him.
    I was about to say....huh? Besides, there are no party registrations here. I'll get to that in a moment.

    However, his post on this thread gives me the impression that he is a check-pants country club republican.
    HA. What has been said cannot be unsaid.

    He must have a California CCW (again, I am assuming this by reading his post). Which MAY have been granted to him because of a quid pro quo with his sheriff. My sheriff in Placer County is known for having a decent "may issue" policy. Unfortunately, I don't have a decent enough reason to gain a CCW in Placer County other than, "I want one and I am not legally barred from having one!"
    That is the second time you misunderstand who I am. If I get a CCW from a California sheriff, I can guarantee you it'll be coming from a federal court order from a suit filed against a sheriff, not groveling at the feet of some California sheriff. I don't beg. I demand and I sue them for violating my civil rights.

    Residents of other states are not eligible for a 2 year statewide CCW in California, and I have no business or residence there. Do you see my city and state of residence?

    PS: The poster is beautiful; Gray and I totally agree with this tactic.
    Glad to know we're in agreement.

  21. #21
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    What exactly are you saying? Nope. I take it back. I don't want to know.

    I'm just going to write that off as an unfortunate choice of words.

    OM_! I just ROFL right out of bed! That is the best laugh I've had in a long time!

    It been so disapointing coming here and arguing with my OC brothers & sisters over strategy and tactics when I wish it was time for VCDL style 'in your face' OC (but its not time yet ), that I needed that.

    Um...yes it WAS just a poor correlation of words, butt I digress...
    Last edited by cato; 09-24-2010 at 04:16 AM.

  22. #22
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    Okay. I'm going to the conference, but I'm not going to stay the night. I'm really looking forward to hearing Gura speak.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •