• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please stand down UOC at SAF GRPC

nicki

Got word today from SAF that the hotel will be hostile to us doing UOC. Many have contacted the hotel and they contacted SAF.

They are expecting protestors from the other side to also show up.

This particular GRPC Conference is extremely important in that we are finally on "Offense". Yes it is a "retreat" not to UOC at the event, but it is a "Tactical One".

As one who has attended SAF GRPC Conferences in other states, I will tell you the SAF fully supports our rights and the only thing that is changing is that SAF is going on offense even more.

If you show, leave your gun in your car or you room. If you are one of the few who have a CCW, fine.

If you are unhappy about the hotel, perhaps send a strong letter to Corporate Headquarters about how you are unhappy with the hotel dissing your first and second amendment rights.

Having a GUN RIGHTS CONFERENCE in San Francisco is a BOLD MOVE already. This conference may attract much media attention. Let's give SAF the courtesy of having some control of the message.

It is after all, SAF's party.

I am sorry to even ask you guys to stand down, but in the long run, it will bring back LOC which is what most of us really want anyway.

Thanks
Nicki

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I have the time to come to the conference, but I will not be buying a hotel room to stay the night because of the anti-gun policy. While I'd like to sit in and meet alot of pro-gun people, Im debating whether or not I will come at all. It is a mystery to me as to why a gun rights organization chose an anti-gun business to host their event. I would have sent a message with my money. No guns? No money.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Got word today from SAF that the hotel will be hostile to us doing UOC. Many have contacted the hotel and they contacted SAF.

...Yes it is a "retreat" not to UOC at the event, but it is a "Tactical One"...

It is after all, SAF's party.

I am sorry to even ask you guys to stand down, but in the long run, it will bring back LOC which is what most of us really want anyway.

Thanks
Nicki

Just admit that SAF made a tactical blunder by bringing its business to an anti-gun establishment. As a result, OC'ers are effectively silenced at this conference.

Unless, SAF did this knowing upfront that OC'ers would not be able to OC at this meeting and this is what SAF wanted! :eek:

coolusername2007

How again, exactly, does not UOC'ing in a San Fransicko hotel bring back LOC? :confused:

SAF may want to hold a pro-gun meeting in the enemy's back yard, but its never a good idea to fund your opposition, especially when it comes with the caveat of losing your rights during the event that promotes them to begin with. That's actually...well, dumb.

How about standing down from this hotel? Which hotel is it again? It should go on the boycott list...for business and pleasure.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
did the hotel have any clue what 'gun rights policy conference' entailed?

this is ridiculous. the more we bend over backwards for these unconstitutional entities, the more we lose.

Michigander

What's with the stand downs in Kali? Isn't the idea to be an activist, not a compromiser?

Although I'd have enjoyed going to the conference if I could have (can't afford it presently) I'd have instead liked to have staged a protest against both the hotel and the SAF if they are so hypocrital that they select a carry unfriendly place to host the meeting.

That it is in SF strikes me as meaningless. I believe it was you Nicki who so accurately has said Kali is so far left it left the planet or something like that. But whether they like it or not, they are bound to the constitution. It is a national conference being advertised nationally. It is about gun rights. It's like a librarians conference banning books. I cannot imagine why anyone would have any interest in going, given the gun ban at the event. The very concept is asinine.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Just admit that SAF made a tactical blunder by bringing its business to an anti-gun establishment. As a result, OC'ers are effectively silenced at this conference.

Unless, SAF did this knowing upfront that OC'ers would not be able to OC at this meeting and this is what SAF wanted! :eek:

No hotel in the State of California will allow the attendance of a conference which will allow UOC.

Irony: holding a Gun Rights Conference at a Hotel where you are prohibited from exercising said rights.

Unloaded open carry is not a civil right. Loaded carry is. By giving the impression that UOC is somehow a civil right, you misapprehend the point of the 2nd amendment, which is the ability to carry functional firearms. Given your logic, the District of Columbia's requirement that your gun be unloaded at all times pre-Heller would be acceptable.

did the hotel have any clue what 'gun rights policy conference' entailed?

this is ridiculous. the more we bend over backwards for these unconstitutional entities, the more we lose.

Private hotels are not bound by the constitution.

What's with the stand downs in Kali? Isn't the idea to be an activist, not a compromiser?

Although I'd have enjoyed going to the conference if I could have (can't afford it presently) I'd have instead liked to have staged a protest against both the hotel and the SAF if they are so hypocrital that they select a carry unfriendly place to host the meeting.

Oh, they're not carry unfriendly. They just don't like UOC because it causes other guests to cancel their hotel rooms. You can bet there will be a lot of LUCC and loaded concealed carry on the property by California folks who happen to live in more reasonable places to get a license to carry.

A local convention that I attend here allows concealed carry (they used to ban all guns but they quietly dropped it with a "you draw and your gone" and "exposed weapons are not allowed unless peace tied" rule. Given that I prefer to carry loaded, I'd carry concealed. Anything beyond that would have ran into a conflict with the hotel.

That it is in SF strikes me as meaningless. I believe it was you Nicki who so accurately has said Kali is so far left it left the planet or something like that. But whether they like it or not, they are bound to the constitution. It is a national conference being advertised nationally. It is about gun rights. It's like a librarians conference banning books. I cannot imagine why anyone would have any interest in going, given the gun ban at the event. The very concept is asinine.

Fighting battles and booking events in easy places like Lincoln, Nebraska, Dallas Texas, Atlanta Georgia, and Indianapolis is preaching to a choir. You take the fight into heart of enemy territory in order to win. The point is to demoralize the anti-gun base, like what happened when SAF and CGF put the below poster in the best stops throughout the city.

CGF-Shelter-ad-sm.png

Gets a lot of people thinking. If you don't understand this particular tactic, then you don't know how to fight PR wars. In fact, the next GRPC is going to be in Chicago, Illinois, another one of the "Hearts of Anti-Gun Darkness" in this country.

coolusername2007

Fighting battles and booking events in easy places like Lincoln, Nebraska, Dallas Texas, Atlanta Georgia, and Indianapolis is preaching to a choir. You take the fight into heart of enemy territory in order to win. The point is to demoralize the anti-gun base, like what happened when SAF and CGF put the below poster in the best stops throughout the city.

Gets a lot of people thinking. If you don't understand this particular tactic, then you don't know how to fight PR wars. In fact, the next GRPC is going to be in Chicago, Illinois, another one of the "Hearts of Anti-Gun Darkness" in this country.

If you want to demoralize them, don't give them your money! You take the fight to your enemy so that it COSTS THEM, NOT YOU! There are other cities in CA other than SF. Funding the city of SF with exorbitant hotel tax dollars will NOT demoralize them. It will fill their coffers for the next battle. Fill the coffers of the friendliest town NEXT TO SF, not in SF! Duh! And make it a part of your message. Can anyone give me an "ARIZONA"?!

Gray Peterson

If you want to demoralize them, don't give them your money! You take the fight to your enemy so that it COSTS THEM, NOT YOU! There are other cities in CA other than SF. Funding the city of SF with exorbitant hotel tax dollars will NOT demoralize them. It will fill their coffers for the next battle. Fill the coffers of the friendliest town NEXT TO SF, not in SF! Duh! And make it a part of your message. Can anyone give me an "ARIZONA"?!

I point out that the conference doesn't take place in SF city itself:

1333 Bayshore Highway,
Burlingame, California, USA 94010

Tainted tax dollars from gun owners ftw.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

+1

coolusername2007

I point out that the conference doesn't take place in SF city itself:

1333 Bayshore Highway,
Burlingame, California, USA 94010

Tainted tax dollars from gun owners ftw.

That's a relief. I don't want to be misunderstood, I hope this conference is a success. However, I will go out on a ledge and say it may be one of the least attended conferences. Why? Because no freedom loving, gun-toting patriot I've ever met wants to visit SF. Just thinking about having to go there makes my skin crawl. That's why I'm not attending...plus work and family.

Michigander

Oh, they're not carry unfriendly. They just don't like UOC because it causes other guests to cancel their hotel rooms. You can bet there will be a lot of LUCC and loaded concealed carry on the property by California folks who happen to live in more reasonable places to get a license to carry.

I don't buy it.

The first and only time so far I met Nicki, we were both OCing at a hotel we were staying at in Virginia. The hotel was booked with some second amendment march folks, but the majority was people for other reasons who were from out of the state and out of the country, there to go to DC for whatever reason. I humbly submit to you that east coast folks and indeed foreign folks are no less anti gun than many SF folks. Yet, there was only one reaction I saw in regards to open carrying, which was a guest at the hotel getting visibly intimidated by a petite woman open carrying, which had to have been because he felt his masculinity was threatened, which I thought was hilarious. This was at the Sheraton if I remember right. Not too fancy, but certainly not trashy.

I also humbly submit to you that the majority of the people who would stay at a hotel in the bay area would be from an area other than the bay, making them arguably on par with the other people we encountered staying in Virginia. I place the blame for this squarely on the organizers and hosts of the event either being squeamish, stupid, or lazy. You could also call it compromising, but I think that compromising is a profane word for gun owners to use.

Last edited:

markm

Gray Peterson is NOT a RINO!

Hello All,

Gray Peterson and I have sparred over his tactics before. I claimed he was a RINO; he responded that he was not a registered republican. I was guilty of assuming, by reading his words, that he was a check-pants country club republican, and for that, I am sorry for libeling him.

However, his post on this thread gives me the impression that he is a check-pants country club republican.

He must have a California CCW (again, I am assuming this by reading his post). Which MAY have been granted to him because of a quid pro quo with his sheriff. My sheriff in Placer County is known for having a decent "may issue" policy. Unfortunately, I don't have a decent enough reason to gain a CCW in Placer County other than, "I want one and I am not legally barred from having one!"

I get that slimy feeling from Gray when I read him trying to equivocate with command-and-control eletists.

Hey Gray, enjoy the dog bones the elites feed you.

markm

PS: The poster is beautiful; Gray and I totally agree with this tactic.

Gray Peterson

Hello All,

Gray Peterson and I have sparred over his tactics before. I claimed he was a RINO; he responded that he was not a registered republican. I was guilty of assuming, by reading his words, that he was a check-pants country club republican, and for that, I am sorry for libeling him.

I was about to say....huh? Besides, there are no party registrations here. I'll get to that in a moment.

However, his post on this thread gives me the impression that he is a check-pants country club republican.

HA. What has been said cannot be unsaid.

He must have a California CCW (again, I am assuming this by reading his post). Which MAY have been granted to him because of a quid pro quo with his sheriff. My sheriff in Placer County is known for having a decent "may issue" policy. Unfortunately, I don't have a decent enough reason to gain a CCW in Placer County other than, "I want one and I am not legally barred from having one!"

That is the second time you misunderstand who I am. If I get a CCW from a California sheriff, I can guarantee you it'll be coming from a federal court order from a suit filed against a sheriff, not groveling at the feet of some California sheriff. I don't beg. I demand and I sue them for violating my civil rights.

Residents of other states are not eligible for a 2 year statewide CCW in California, and I have no business or residence there. Do you see my city and state of residence?

PS: The poster is beautiful; Gray and I totally agree with this tactic.

Glad to know we're in agreement.