• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Have You Seen This? This Is Murder...

WisconsinPI

This is posted on this forum but not in Wisconsin. I think everyone should read this story. This is so disheartening and very troublesome.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-for-Shopping-at-COSTCO&p=1359709#post1359709

Nope, don't even waste time over this, nothing will be done and if 3 cops say something went down a certain way, it certainly did. Unfortunatly we'd have to have video of what went down and dozens of witnesses to possibly get the officers suspended with pay for a few days, then they'd be back out there doing the same ****.

What keeps us from beginning a police investigation agency that has authority to arrest the police and investigate the police? If anybody ever finds a way to do this, let me know, i'd be more than happy to help start it and get it funded through donations, there's enough crap that goes on in the communities throughout the nation that you could get a pretty decent flow of funds donated by private citizens, and also get some government grants or something, if enough people demanded it, it would be a possibility.

But that too will never happen, and even these cop watch organizations get shut down right away by the police, somehow we're not allowed to film or gather peaceably in public anymore, and you definatly can't poke your nose into their business, they will find something to lock you up for. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, there must be regulation, outside regulation by citizens of the police forces.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Many cities and departments have independent police review boards. How 'independent' and how effective are arguable. As a charity it would be subject to pressures from its financiers. The department or the community must recognize the benefits of such a committee and fund it through the regular budgeting process.

This nearly made me cry. This man was executed by 3 armed criminals. Criminals who are probably about to sit down and eat dinner with their family, while this man is buried in the ground. I no longer have any faith in the police.

J.Gleason

Banned
Yep that's some BS. And where is the ACLU or Sharpton screaming about the injustice?? Oh wait he was european-american...

Lost my faith in the Police a long time ago. Don't trust any of them and don't talk to them either unless it is absolutely necessary. Like to report an accident or crime. Or when my dog bit someone lol.

The Don

This nearly made me cry. This man was executed by 3 armed criminals. Criminals who are probably about to sit down and eat dinner with their family, while this man is buried in the ground. I no longer have any faith in the police.

As much as I think most cops are decent, there are ones like this out there, that's for sure. Stuff like this scares the crap outta me.

Yeah, I want to exercise my rights and I believe fully in that, but I also don't want to leave my wife without a husband, or my 2 and a half year old daughter or my daughter-on-the-way without a father - which is why I'll stand my ground to a point if I'm ever confronted by overzealous cops, but if their guns come out, or it looks like their guns are going to come out, I'll give up my ID, relinquish my weapon in whatever manner they tell me, and then shut up (if I haven't already) and let the lawyers sort it out when all is said and done.

J.Gleason

Banned
In fact, after reading the story,
http://standupamericaus.com/legally-carrying-a-firearm-perhaps-its-guilt-first:38508

It really poses the question, what is the point in even having a permit?
This guy had a permit to carry and the police gunned him down in cold blood. It should be all of our mission to insure that these rogue cops never see the outside world again. They abused their authority and took an innocent law abiding mans life for no reason at all.

They even continued to shoot him after he was face down on the ground!

When do we stand up and fight back?

I realize this wasn't in Wisconsin, but who cares it very well could have happened in Wisconsin.
The time is NOW! Lets get these officers prosecuted!

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

This man was slaughtered on the sidewalk after a COSTCO employee saw his legally carried weapon and created a panic.

A Costco employee saw the holstered sidearm and told Scott he was not allowed to have the weapon in the store. Scott replied that he had a permit and the right to carry his weapon. He then went back to shopping. The employee called over a manager, who informed a 20-something security guard, who made a 911 call to police.

It was a terrible tragedy and there should be accountability for the man's death. What we should learn from this is that we should not argue while we are carrying. Had he disarmed at the request of the employee, came back in and talked to the manager, things would have gone differently and he would still be alive. It does not matter who is "right" in a situation such as this, the important thing is that we return home to our loved ones alive.

anmut

It was a terrible tragedy and there should be accountability for the man's death. What we should learn from this is that we should not argue while we are carrying. Had he disarmed at the request of the employee, came back in and talked to the manager, things would have gone differently and he would still be alive. It does not matter who is "right" in a situation such as this, the important thing is that we return home to our loved ones alive.

I would think that you could press criminal charges against a amusement park ride operator who ACCIDENTALLY hurt a poor young woman, that we should hold the clerk, the security officer and the police accountable for the intentional actions that led to this mans death.

Of course, that would make too much sense. Logic is rare.