• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GRNC Alert 09-16-10: Toys R Us Plays With Your Rights

TheFreeman

Ok here is my email, i stole a bit of it from some other's emails and added my own pieces as well:

As a Toys R Us shopper and law abiding firearms carrier, I was very disappointed to see that your NC stores are posted against lawfully carrying a firearm. NC lawfully allows both open and concealed carry of handguns and your store is currently posted "No firearms." I mention lawful carry of firearms because no sign stuck to an entrance door has ever stopped a criminal from carrying a firearm. Not at banks, schools, shopping mall, or toy stores. That's why I have chosen to lawfully carry a handgun myself. To protect myself and my family from criminals that do not obey the law, or signs. I'm sure that you feel you are doing your customers a service by "protecting them" in the store. So my question to you is this. Who will protect them if something happens in the store? Who will protect them walking to and from the store? I would assume that most incidents of crime against customers occur in the parking lots. Are you prepared to secure the parking areas of your stores to protect your customers? I'm sure you are neither prepared or willing to armed patrol your parking lots to protect your customers. And that is why I have taken this step to provide protection for my family.

I am also a law abiding citizen of NC. I have to be, so that I can carry a handgun. Since I lawfully carry a handgun, and also obey the laws of NC, I am writing to tell you that I will no longer shop at Toys R Us. I do not shop with stores that do not respect my right to bear arms and my right to protect my family, all of the toys that we have purchased for them at Toys R Us can easily be purchased elsewhere. Unless your store changes it's stance on the lawful carry of firearms, we will be shopping elsewhere. The NRA, and Grass Roots North Carolina also has this information and will likely let all of its 2+ million members know also to shop elsewhere. Times are tough right now, I just hope you can stand to loose that much business for this holiday season. This policy is now being widely expressed over discussion boards across the country.

Please do not insult my integrity as a citizen of this country in sending me a form type email response that is automated. I realize that you feel that you have done research and have thought out this policy. In doing so you you believe that properly evaluated your customers needs and safety. However, i challenge you to provide any evidence that posting a sign prohibiting firearms to law abiding citizens has or ever will take any measure in furthering that safety. If you honestly do believe that you are taking the safety and well being of your employees and customers into consideration i urge you to look at the real facts and how many lives have been saved in more situations then can be counted by citizens protecting themselves.
In this email i have also copied my state Representatives and urge them to take immediate action against such actions prohibiting me from providing legal protection for myself, my family and those around me. If you have any questions or concerns, i urge you to contact me at the information below.

Sincerely,
Me

I like that email Maverick9110, and the challenge at the end. I'll really be interested to see what they're response is it.