Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 2nd amendment rights, can government disarm you?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    81

    2nd amendment rights, can government disarm you?

    When I read all these stories about people legally open carrying, then being arrested or disarmed, I'm dumbfounded, the very right you're exercising is the right they're depriving you of.

    many different things to think about here.

    If we're arming against a tyrannical government, would you give up your weapon to them?

    Do you find it legal in any sense, if the very reason you're being detained or arrested is for exercising your 2nd amendment right, and they're depriving you of that right simply for exercising it?

    An LEO represents the government, they don't have a right to disarm you for no reason, no reason being that you're carrying openly, you're right to do such a thing.

    When an LEO asks why are you carrying, most people say for self defense, or i'm exercising my right etc, why couldn't you say i'm armed to prevent you from disarming me. What a conundrum!

  2. #2
    Regular Member bluehighways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinPI View Post
    if the very reason you're being detained or arrested is for exercising your 2nd amendment right, and they're depriving you of that right simply for exercising it?

    An LEO represents the government, they don't have a right to disarm you for no reason, no reason being that you're carrying openly, you're right to do such a thing.

    When an LEO asks why are you carrying, most people say for self defense, or i'm exercising my right etc, why couldn't you say i'm armed to prevent you from disarming me. What a conundrum!
    Try it and let us know how it works out for you.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehighways View Post
    Try it and let us know how it works out for you.
    My point exactly, nobody would do it, there would be consequences and who wouldn't be afraid to do it. But, I think it's the ultimate point.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    81
    Last edited by WisconsinPI; 09-21-2010 at 08:50 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinPI View Post
    When I read all these stories about people legally open carrying, then being arrested or disarmed, I'm dumbfounded, the very right you're exercising is the right they're depriving you of.
    It is a rare that anybody has trouble oc'ing. Given how new the idea of oc'ing is in this state it comes as no surprize to me that we have some trouble, it will take this state some time to get use to it. Truth be told there are people carrying everyday in this state that have not trouble at all. If we keep educating the public and LEO every chance we get it won't take long and this state will think nothing of seeing an oc'er.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    81

    Classic Example

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Un4r...eature=related

    another example of how people are ignorant of their own rights and the rights of their fellow americans

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •