• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd amendment rights, can government disarm you?

WisconsinPI

When I read all these stories about people legally open carrying, then being arrested or disarmed, I'm dumbfounded, the very right you're exercising is the right they're depriving you of.

many different things to think about here.

If we're arming against a tyrannical government, would you give up your weapon to them?

Do you find it legal in any sense, if the very reason you're being detained or arrested is for exercising your 2nd amendment right, and they're depriving you of that right simply for exercising it?

An LEO represents the government, they don't have a right to disarm you for no reason, no reason being that you're carrying openly, you're right to do such a thing.

When an LEO asks why are you carrying, most people say for self defense, or i'm exercising my right etc, why couldn't you say i'm armed to prevent you from disarming me. What a conundrum!

bluehighways

if the very reason you're being detained or arrested is for exercising your 2nd amendment right, and they're depriving you of that right simply for exercising it?

An LEO represents the government, they don't have a right to disarm you for no reason, no reason being that you're carrying openly, you're right to do such a thing.

When an LEO asks why are you carrying, most people say for self defense, or i'm exercising my right etc, why couldn't you say i'm armed to prevent you from disarming me. What a conundrum!

Try it and let us know how it works out for you.

johnny amish

When I read all these stories about people legally open carrying, then being arrested or disarmed, I'm dumbfounded, the very right you're exercising is the right they're depriving you of.

It is a rare that anybody has trouble oc'ing. Given how new the idea of oc'ing is in this state it comes as no surprize to me that we have some trouble, it will take this state some time to get use to it. Truth be told there are people carrying everyday in this state that have not trouble at all. If we keep educating the public and LEO every chance we get it won't take long and this state will think nothing of seeing an oc'er.