Thread: Armed and Dangerous?

Question Armed and Dangerous?

This is mostly directed at anyone who HAS been arrested for UOC. When you were identified did the LEA mark you as Armed and Dangerous?

Sorry if it has been asked before but it is something that I thought of and a search didn't turn anything up for me.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum.

I don't know a single person here who's been arrested for Unloaded Open Carry (UOC). And in all of the Police audio, emails, memos, radio traffic recordings I've reviewed, the phrase has never come up.

Hope that helps. Enjoy the forums, and be safe

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking and reading since early 2008, I'm making sure I know all the applicable laws and PC before I UOC. I feel confidant enough now that I will start to UOC soon.

I'm just really curious about the A&D thing because I know that once it is on your record, it does not come off.

So about 8 months ago I had to call the police to handle a situation in my apt. complex. I had been carrying all day and so all I had to do was unload before going outside to speak to the police. With all that was going on I never mentioned to the dispatcher that I was UOCing. When the two LEOs arrived we started to speak and about two minutes into me telling them what was going on one officer noticed my pocket knife clip and started to ask if he could hold onto it for officer safety. Before he could finish his request the other officer noticed my firearm an inch away from my pocket knife. To make a long story short I did everything we preach on OCDO and stood up for my rights. After being detained for 30 minutes they informed me that they already have my name from dispatches caller ID. and they finally let me go. A couple weeks later I had to call them out again. About 5 minutes after I hung up with dispatch they called back and asked if I was carrying.

A couple weeks ago I became friends with a SDPD officer. After telling him what happened he informed me that I must have really pissed someone off because it is a pain to put notes in the dispatchers system like that. Iím going on a ride along with him in the near future and look forward to searching my name.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_ace View Post
    I don't know a single person here who's been arrested for Unloaded Open Carry (UOC).
    Don't forget Theseus - Convicted of violating 626.9

Technically speaking he wasn't arrested - the on scene investigating officers 'let him go'

But he was shortly thereafter charged.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    bobbarker was arrested in Oceanside for violating a municipal statute against the carrying of weapons. State law supercedes all conflicting local laws though, so the charges were dropped after intervention from lawyers from Calguns.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    bobbarker was arrested in Oceanside for violating a municipal statute against the carrying of weapons. State law supercedes all conflicting local laws though, so the charges were dropped after intervention from lawyers from Calguns.
    Do you know the individuals who intervened specifically and case name?

We have a ban on firearms in parks in Hermosa Beach and presenting that information to city council may help them get rid of the ban without legal action.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Mike Hunt was also arrested.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
    Do you know the individuals who intervened specifically and case name?

We have a ban on firearms in parks in Hermosa Beach and presenting that information to city council may help them get rid of the ban without legal action.
    This post may prove useful: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=345102

Thanks for the info guys, Like I said, I'm feeling confident enough to start to UOC soon. I have to get a voice recorder first though.

Armed & Dangerous? I don't think there's been such an instance unless you were brandishing, doing something illegal with your firearm, etc...

Armed and Friendly? Multiple times.

Armed and Concerned? Once or twice.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.