• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed and Dangerous?

Prototype

This is mostly directed at anyone who HAS been arrested for UOC. When you were identified did the LEA mark you as Armed and Dangerous?

Sorry if it has been asked before but it is something that I thought of and a search didn't turn anything up for me.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Welcome to the Forum.

I don't know a single person here who's been arrested for Unloaded Open Carry (UOC). And in all of the Police audio, emails, memos, radio traffic recordings I've reviewed, the phrase has never come up.

Hope that helps. Enjoy the forums, and be safe :)

Prototype

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking and reading since early 2008, I'm making sure I know all the applicable laws and PC before I UOC. I feel confidant enough now that I will start to UOC soon.

I'm just really curious about the A&D thing because I know that once it is on your record, it does not come off.

chewy352

So about 8 months ago I had to call the police to handle a situation in my apt. complex. I had been carrying all day and so all I had to do was unload before going outside to speak to the police. With all that was going on I never mentioned to the dispatcher that I was UOCing. When the two LEOs arrived we started to speak and about two minutes into me telling them what was going on one officer noticed my pocket knife clip and started to ask if he could hold onto it for officer safety. Before he could finish his request the other officer noticed my firearm an inch away from my pocket knife. To make a long story short I did everything we preach on OCDO and stood up for my rights. After being detained for 30 minutes they informed me that they already have my name from dispatches caller ID. and they finally let me go. A couple weeks later I had to call them out again. About 5 minutes after I hung up with dispatch they called back and asked if I was carrying.

A couple weeks ago I became friends with a SDPD officer. After telling him what happened he informed me that I must have really pissed someone off because it is a pain to put notes in the dispatchers system like that. I’m going on a ride along with him in the near future and look forward to searching my name.
:)

mjones

I don't know a single person here who's been arrested for Unloaded Open Carry (UOC).

Don't forget Theseus - Convicted of violating 626.9

Technically speaking he wasn't arrested - the on scene investigating officers 'let him go'

But he was shortly thereafter charged.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
bobbarker was arrested in Oceanside for violating a municipal statute against the carrying of weapons. State law supercedes all conflicting local laws though, so the charges were dropped after intervention from lawyers from Calguns.

hgreen

bobbarker was arrested in Oceanside for violating a municipal statute against the carrying of weapons. State law supercedes all conflicting local laws though, so the charges were dropped after intervention from lawyers from Calguns.

Do you know the individuals who intervened specifically and case name?

We have a ban on firearms in parks in Hermosa Beach and presenting that information to city council may help them get rid of the ban without legal action.

demnogis

Armed & Dangerous? I don't think there's been such an instance unless you were brandishing, doing something illegal with your firearm, etc...

Armed and Friendly? Multiple times.

Armed and Concerned? Once or twice.