• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Life Saved by carrying - Mt. Airy

papa bear

dreamer
ye it is full size, double stack. sorry didn't get the exact model we got limited on time.

the word is from people that know, is that the company that owns the stores are afraid of liability if they did not have signs up.

smlawrence, i curious about the clerk at sandy ridge. i know most would not say anything if they did not have any objections. i know i have been in Neighbors several times and didn't even know they had that policy no one said anything. there are still a lot of ignorant people out there that just don't get it. i wonder what would happen if you went back when another clerk was there?

by the way, where are you guys sending your letters to?

farkles

dreamer
ye it is full size, double stack. sorry didn't get the exact model we got limited on time.

the word is from people that know, is that the company that owns the stores are afraid of liability if they did not have signs up.

smlawrence, i curious about the clerk at sandy ridge. i know most would not say anything if they did not have any objections. i know i have been in Neighbors several times and didn't even know they had that policy no one said anything. there are still a lot of ignorant people out there that just don't get it. i wonder what would happen if you went back when another clerk was there?

I called and emailed, looks like lawrence sent a letter. I think all three mediums will be beneficial in our cause

smlawrence

Did a moderator delete a post that I posted this morning? If so, did I say anything wrong? Cause I know I posted this morning in response and it is gone now.

smlawrence

dreamer

The clerk was definately from up north and seemed very weary about guns. My cousin rides his horse through there alot and says he has been in there multiple times OC'ing with no problem, so I would say it is depending on who is working. The sign they have is horrible, it is transparent and the letters are faded, so unless you are 12inches from it you won't even notice it is there. As far as correspondence, I went to their website, and got the information from the very bottom of the homepage. They don't have very much of anything on their website except for their advertisers and store locations. I know Sheetz will enjoy getting my money for now on, since they have no restrictions to handguns.

farkles

I still have NOT received any response back from 2 phone calls and one email to corporate office about this issue. Has anyone else heard back or are they giving us the cold shoulder? This is ridiculous. Talk about HORRIBLE customer service!

papa bear

just letting everyone know that i talked to the Estes'( the ones from the shooting), Mrs. Estes assured me that the "criminal safety zone " signs will be coming down at all the neighbors. :banana:. let us know if they don't/or do in your area.

Last edited: