Thread: Positive news from Sun Prairie

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Thumbs up Positive news from Sun Prairie

I prefer to not stand in line on election days, so I voted early at Sun Prairie City Hall about a week before the primary. After voting, I spoke with the city attorney about Sun Prairie's firearms ban and it's relation to State law 66.049. He said he would look into the matter, and thanked me for my concern. I emailed him on monday for any updates; got a response back today. In a nutshell, he and the Chief of police believe 66.049 is the standard to be enforced, and he hopes to have the local ordinance updated before the end of the year. He also said the the Police are up to speed on the right to open carry.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

nice work!

(nice to meet you on Sunday night, btw.)

McX
    THANK YOU Plankton...........not bad for a mere protozoan!

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Sun Prairie also has a CULVERS, and I have been there multiple times with "security" on my hip. (wink wink)
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Well done, one conversation at a time and we will win.

Thanks for looking into this Plankton. I look forward to seeing the updated ordinance.
    Last edited by Viper; 09-24-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

I didnt realize that Sun Prairie had a firearms ban...whats actually banned by the statute? (I work on the east side of the Peoples Republic of Madison and get to SP often!)

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    I didnt realize that Sun Prairie had a firearms ban...whats actually banned by the statute? (I work on the east side of the Peoples Republic of Madison and get to SP often!)
    Glock, any firearms ban they have cannot be enforced because of state preemption. I imagine they had/have an ordinance that make carry of any kind illegal as many cities and villages had. They can't enforce it so don't worry about it.