• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison PD tears up obstruction tickets D/O/C tickets to all 5 Culvers OCers!!

Veto The Tax

Madison Police Department VIOLATES State Constution.

The State Supreme Court said, "There MUST be a way."

Madison Police Department declares BOTH open and concealed carry to be illegal.

Concealed carry is violation of 941.23, Open carry is disorderly conduct!

Anybody know HOW to file a criminal complaint with the AG's office against the MPD?

added:

608-266-1221
Wisconsin Department of Justice
P.O. Box 7857
Madison, WI 53707-7857
Fax: 608-267-2779

Call them, fax them, write them! File official complaints against the MPD TODAY! Run their fax out of paper!

Tie up the switch board!!!

And as somebody noted earlier today, FIND Van Hollen's Schedule get to every event he is at, and ASK him about the out opf control MPD.

This isn't police bashing, as the MPD is no longer a police agency. The MPD is now a regime!

Last edited:
M

McX

I believe the id's of the other 3 were also illegally obtained by means of intimidation. The threat to arrest was obvious intimidation.

thusly spoken canard. goes to show even if you cooperate, your still screwed.

added on edit; as my first witness i call J.B. VanHollen

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I can read the headlines now.....

Some 300 Wisconsin residents showed up at Culvers in Madison today to eat food, they were all legally carrying Holstered firearms. The entire Madison Police dept including SWAT teams were called out to arrest the hungry people for Disorderly conduct, after one Open carrier refused to show ID - 16 Madison police officers open fire on them, firing a total of 144 rounds after the Rookie police officers stopped firing 64 open carriers lay dead, 22 seriously wounded.....ALL Because some ignorant woman called the police.

this hypothetical event....would be found a good shoot, Justified & the officers given medals.

WISCONSIN - POLICE STATE !

Has anyone contacted the AG yet ???

Last edited:
M

McX

nah, i contacted my beloved J.B. and asked him if he would come to madison to witness for me.

time spent so far; 1 hour, at $90 per. the bill has been started.

metalman383

Unfortunately, I have a major conflict on Sat. I have in-laws comming from North Dakota, with their collector car club, (31 cars total). I bet you would never guess, who was asked to roast half a hog, and bunch of chicken!! I would be available Sun or any evenings, even during the week. I think this is a very important one, to stand up and be heard.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Just as a side note to help understand the enemy's thinking.

Once the cops wrote the initial obstruction tickets, the die was cast. The cops locked themselves into the situation.

Once it became apparent obstruction charges weren't going to stick, the cops had to do something. Otherwise, the cops were open to censure, ridicule, and (lawsuit?).

Not too dissimilar from the cop who loses his temper and illegally roughs you up. If he does, then he has to say you assaulted him in order to justify giving you the bruises on your face. This then assures your arrest because to not arrest you for the assault-on-officer would be a glaring discrepancy.

Only if you are charged and convicted does the threat to the cop of embarrassment, censure, and lawsuit disappear. Or, another way of looking at: only if you lose the game does the cop win. If you win, the cop loses. And the stakes are a little bit higher than getting that parking space before somebody else.

PS: I would never believe a cop who said he was tearing up the ticket. As far as I know, the only person who can drop the charges is the prosecutor or judge. We've had maybe two reports on this forum of cops who called the alleged misdemeanant to say the cop was tearing up the ticket. The alleged misdemeanant then skipped the court date, thinking all was over. Only to find out later that he had a bench warrant out for him.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Question:
If a buncha guys sitting around eating & talking is disorderly conduct on Sat. night, why isn't it disorderly conduct on Sunday afternoon?

Watching the WISN (ch12) report, they showed a cop car lurking, watching from afar on Sunday, but I've heard no reports of a repeat intimidation/arrest scene.

Madison PD really stepped in it big time, refusing to acknowledge that their officers were wrong, and instead threatening people further. Law is clearly against their position, from multiple angles.
Why are they wasting even more of the taxpayer's money, running up a larger legal bill, & increasing the judgment that will be paid out?
Heck, why are they directing the public to waste resources by reporting an emergency when none exists?

CUOfficer

Wow, if this is becoming such a state-wide "problem" for law enforcement, why don't they just get a law on the books that states the legalities? That would clear up any and all ambiguities! Other states manage to allow people to carry open and concealed and this type of thing doesn't happen. I guess I won't be carrying when I stop in Madison tomorrow...(disappointing)...

M

McX

Question:
If a buncha guys sitting around eating & talking is disorderly conduct on Sat. night, why isn't it disorderly conduct on Sunday afternoon?

Watching the WISN (ch12) report, they showed a cop car lurking, watching from afar on Sunday, but I've heard no reports of a repeat intimidation/arrest scene.

Madison PD really stepped in it big time, refusing to acknowledge that their officers were wrong, and instead threatening people further. Law is clearly against their position, from multiple angles.
Why are they wasting even more of the taxpayer's money, running up a larger legal bill, & increasing the judgment that will be paid out?
Heck, why are they directing the public to waste resources by reporting an emergency when none exists?

idiots have no valid reasoning, but they're still idiots.

anmut

All - I suggest sending a quick email to the Mayor's Office. Here's a copy of mine:

"Dear Mayor Cieslewicz

Today, September 22nd 2010, the City of Madison issued a press release regarding an incident at Culver's Restaurant where two men were ticketed while lawfully openly carrying firearms. This ticket stemmed from the men's refusal to provide I.D. to the responding law enforcement. This refusal is a right under the law.

This is clearly a power play by the police. As a citizen of Wisconsin I do not take lightly the violation of Constitutional Rights by the men and women that take vows to uphold them.

I am vowing to not only share this with friends and family but to not spend any money in Madison until the Police Department acknowledges its mistake and absolves the lawful citizens of any wrong doing.

Thank you for your time.

Anmut"

You can mail it through the website: http://www.cityofmadison.com/mayor/contactMayor.cfm

The mayor may not understand or like the 2nd Amendment (assumable because of the leftist arena that Madison is), but they do understand MONEY.

Tomas

Simple question: If the MPD is now going to claim that the behavior before their arrival at Culver's on Saturday was "Disorderly Conduct" then how can they explain the identical conduct after they identified all individuals as not being "DC?"

If the same conduct changes from being disorderly to normal, as evidenced by either not not confiscating the openly carried weapons, or returning the two that were, and not requiring any change in demeanor or activity, what changed?

This sort of petty tyranny by the self important in an attempt to "have their way" despite the laws they are sworn to uphold is unacceptable.

ETA: Does what allegedly was "Disorderly Conduct" suddenly become acceptable conduct once the folks targeted have been harassed sufficiently? Is that the MPD's thinking?

Carry on!

Last edited:

protias

Wow, if this is becoming such a state-wide "problem" for law enforcement, why don't they just get a law on the books that states the legalities? That would clear up any and all ambiguities! Other states manage to allow people to carry open and concealed and this type of thing doesn't happen. I guess I won't be carrying when I stop in Madison tomorrow...(disappointing)...
There is nothing illegal with OC as long as you don't go to the five places you cannot carry. The police are doing illegal activities, not law abiding citizen who happen to open carry. Cities cannot enact laws more restrictive than state law (preemption).

TyGuy

You know what "provoke(s) a distburance" to me? The police overstepping their bounds, ignoring the law, and citing people for breaking the law when they clearly weren't. Someone issue the Madison PD a disorderly conduct citation for me!

I also find it very kind that the Madison PD cites the 3 men who gave their ID, even when they didn't have to. That's a nice parting gift.

WTF?

na559

Change of venue

Five simple words:

Not Guilty - Change Of Venue!!!!!
I could be mistaken, But I do Believe, At the Municiple Level, You do not get a jury.
Change of Venue will bounce this case out of Madison, and in front of another Judge!
Delays it more, Cost them More.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, POST THE DATE, TIME, AND ADDRESS OF THE INITIAL HEARING.
I would love to be there!!!!