• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you haven't joined Wisconsin Carry Inc. JOIN NOW!!!!!

NakedOne

I know WCI doesn't publish actual membership numbers but Hubert made a comparison this past weekend about the growth of membership since the Madison incident.

I believe he said that in the 1st 3 days after the incident, the membership of WCI had grown by 1/3.

Can we get some sort of update as to whether membership has doubled or some other frame of reference?

Thanks!

The Madiscon incident is what finally pushed me to joining. I have lurked around this forum for few months though.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
As a frame of reference, Wisconsin Carry, Inc. has been adding approximately 100 members/month since we announced the lawsuit in January.

Between the Saturday (9/18) incident and Wednesday (9/22) we saw an approximate 1/3 increase in membership.

Since the incident our membership is increasing by hundreds/week, and this is just the on-line membership and does not include the eighteen (18) new founders members. We still haven't processed all the membership(s) from the gatherings this past (25/26) weekend and Nik stated the P.O. Box was full with mail-in memberships and contributions so I expect to see additional members and founder members as we wade through the influx.

WCI is the fastest growing gun-rights organization in the state and we hope to continue this pace right through the end of the year.

Check our events page ( www.wisconsincarry.org/events.html ) for a list of where and when you can meet with WCI executive committee members.

Spartacus

Banned
i have one wiscarry t-shirt that is VERY special to me, it is autographed, and is in storage!

Thats a great idea my friend.

At the next board meeting I'll ask Nik, Auric and Hubert to sign one for me and put it away for posterity.

Its nice to be part of a historical movement that in 5 or 10 years from now we can look back and say, "hell yah, we did something there".

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
WCI is the fastest growing gun-rights organization in the state and we hope to continue this pace right through the end of the year.

Just to elaborate. Membership growth is not the measure of our success but the result of our success.

Action comes first, then results, then membership tends to follow.

polekat

The mail person picked up my application for membership a while ago.

The Madison incident needs to be addressed in the courts.

I'm watching for the hats too.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

At the next board meeting I'll ask Nik, Auric and Hubert to sign one for me and put it away for posterity.

Its nice to be part of a historical movement that in 5 or 10 years from now we can look back and say, "hell yah, we did something there".

Don't forget Joe.

I also want Frank Rock and J. Gonzales to sign mine.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

I think everyone should sign their own shirts and save them for their kids. You were all in on the ground floor of the right to carry movement in Wisconsin.

Also, member numbers were assigned sequentially. Though freedom doesn't lend itself to arrogance, you should be proud that your low member numbers are a personal reminded to how early you got on the train.

polekat

Does a founder membership get you a certificate of membership?

A certificate of membership (with member name and member number) on 100 percent acid free paper that I can frame and display in a prominent easily seen place in my home would be great. Signed by Nik (a real signature-not a stamp please).

Hats wear out, but I still want one.

BROKENSPROKET

Does a founder membership get you a certificate of membership?

A certificate of membership (with member name and member number) on 100 percent acid free paper that I can frame and display in a prominent easily seen place in my home would be great. Signed by Nik (a real signature-not a stamp please).

Hats wear out, but I still want one.

For you would have to donate $250. Just joking of course, but there is an idea to be had there. I know things are really busy, esp. now, for the WCI-BOD, but there was talk of creating a higher level to recognize those that are willing to give significantly more than $100.

polekat

I am just guessing, but wouldn't a high quality certificate's greatest cost be in the initial design. Something tasteful...not elaborate. Such a certificate should be a reminder to pass on to others.

I'd pay extra...within reason ;-)