• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Polk County?

vin_w88

Just curious to see how many other OC-ers are in the Polk/St. Croix/ Burnett county area, if any (possibly have a meeting for coffee or lunch?) . I'd love to get to some of the regular meetings or picnics, but they're unfortunately just too far away for me to be a regular attendee.

Spartacus

Banned
Just curious to see how many other OC-ers are in the Polk/St. Croix/ Burnett county area, if any (possibly have a meeting for coffee or lunch?) . I'd love to get to some of the regular meetings or picnics, but they're unfortunately just too far away for me to be a regular attendee.

Hmmm... Polk county, Polk county...

Is that in Wisconsin? Do you folks have electricity yet?

Just joking... and bumping the thread in case there was onnnne mooore guy from Polk county here.

vin_w88

Thanks bnh, I'll shoot him a message. I fully support everything you guys down in the Madison-ish area, and believe me, I want to be at the meetings and get-togethers, though it just isn't in the cards. Unfortunately, I'm the only person up here in my neck of the woods (that I know of) who is an OC supporter. I know plenty of people who support the ideas, they just haven't jumped on our little bandwagon yet. I've pointed them in the right direction so they can see who we are and what we are fighting for but it's a little hard when I feel like I'm the only guy in town. I'm sure you could understand. And to Spartacus, why yes, we do have electricity up here. The nice folks down at the power plant came out with their fancy motor buggies and rigged us up proper, they even put us a community phone in downtown! How awful nice of them. :p

Captain Nemo

There are a number of us in the "far reaches" of the Wisconsin outback in West Central wisconsin. Even though some would find humor in the fact we are far removed from the stench, and insect encrusted lights of Madison and Milwaukee we are interested in our state RKBA. Until a few years ago we enjoyed a peaceful existence. That is changing. We are now becomming "reachable" by modern roads and that amazing device called the auty-mobile. Crime is infiltrating from the large Twin City area. Our need for personal protection gets greater every day. So even though some of you may feel that we are still locked in yesteryear we will hope that someday an interest to our concerns may develop on the forum.