• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at County-City building in Tacoma

Deleted_User

Will you be at coffee in the morning?

(And with some notice you can borrow my Muvi as well)

I will be making an appearance to share what's up and shake a few hands. I'd love to see some of you for sure. I'll fill you in on the rest tomorrow. (Even though we just hung up)

sudden valley gunner

Dean,
WTF??

Finally a thread with some constructive action and feedback instead of rampant arguing and name calling and you post this.

You need to get some sleep after coming off of long shifts before being allowed to touch the send button .....

...--Moderated edited--
--Deleted personal attack--

These threads are like the TV..........if you don't like it, change channels or turn it off.

It makes me laugh if you want a laugh read his post history, the majority are curt (some might say rude) and shows his contempt for others.

Good job Goose! No yawn here the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It takes effort and time it took me almost a year and a few phone conversations to get Bellingham Municipal to finally follow state law. No ID even requested now. I am positive you will with continued perseverance have the same results.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It makes me laugh if you want a laugh read his post history, the majority are curt (some might say rude) and shows his contempt for others.

Good job Goose! No yawn here the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It takes effort and time it took me almost a year and a few phone conversations to get Bellingham Municipal to finally follow state law. No ID even requested now. I am positive you will with continued perseverance have the same results.

Goose, M1, Jt59, etc....

We need to pick SVG's brain on this one....

sudden valley gunner

Goose, M1, Jt59, etc....

We need to pick SVG's brain on this one....

Slim pickings according to some. :D

I'm up for a Bellingham trip. Give him my ## if u have his Nick...

Maybe we should have a Bellingham or a Burlington meet. It really was just persistance and not giving up. I also went in when I had a court date, with no ID and no CPL ( well except my Costco card, went early with a back up plan as not to miss my court date), they at the counter were at a loss at what to do, especially when I explained that they (the city) might be liable if I ended up with an arrest warrant because they didn't follow state law. Ended up talking to the a city Attorney again, promised me again he would look into it. I told him that wasn't good enough as they had promised for the past year to "look into it" and no changes have been made.

I informed them I had another court date coming up and that I will not be carrying any ID or CPL. And that if I don't receive the key to the lock box according to state law they are liable for any damage/loss. Well what do you know the next court date boxes were moved they give you the key. It is in a locked hallway and you have to be let in but they do follow state law now.

I just did.

Really quite a volume of work . . . .

Yes you have some good info and thoughts but the way you come across and the way you talk to folks leaves something to be desired.

Deleted_User

Slim pickings according to some. :D

Maybe we should have a Bellingham or a Burlington meet. It really was just persistance and not giving up. I also went in when I had a court date, with no ID and no CPL ( well except my Costco card, went early with a back up plan as not to miss my court date), they at the counter were at a loss at what to do, especially when I explained that they (the city) might be liable if I ended up with an arrest warrant because they didn't follow state law. Ended up talking to the a city Attorney again, promised me again he would look into it. I told him that wasn't good enough as they had promised for the past year to "look into it" and no changes have been made.

I informed them I had another court date coming up and that I will not be carrying any ID or CPL. And that if I don't receive the key to the lock box according to state law they are liable for any damage/loss. Well what do you know the next court date boxes were moved they give you the key. It is in a locked hallway and you have to be let in but they do follow state law now.

Yes you have some good info and thoughts but the way you come across and the way you talk to folks leaves something to be desired.

I live in Puyallup but got family in Mount Vernon. I've never bene more north than that. I can, and will make a trip on a Sunday or Monday if you want to meet up. I'd love to pick your brain, slim or not :) You did what we're trying to do. It's definately worth the trip. Thanks btw

amzbrady

Good job Goose. I love seeing post's where someone has challenged the law to abide by the law.
Is there anything documented showing that you absolutely have to show id when checking your weapon? Did you by chance check any news for a record of the court house needing an ambulance to see if they were telling the truth or just yanking your chain?

Maybe this is what you need...

http://bensoutlet.com/products/spy-pen-16gb

Deleted_User

Good job Goose. I love seeing post's where someone has challenged the law to abide by the law.
Is there anything documented showing that you absolutely have to show id when checking your weapon? Did you by chance check any news for a record of the court house needing an ambulance to see if they were telling the truth or just yanking your chain?

Maybe this is what you need...

http://bensoutlet.com/products/spy-pen-16gb

There is nothing documented, just what he said. HOWEVER, their little *Your weapon is in locker #5 card* says Your weapon will be cleared and placed in a bag before being returned to you! I also saw the ambulance arrive, lights and all.

Last edited:

Edgar

more info

in the past 12 months i have had the miss forturn to need to go to court at the tacoma court house every time i have cc'ed. if you look at the bottom of the page that you sign it says that your weapon will be returned unloaded and that you will not reload or rearm your self untill you return to your car. i asked about this the first time it came up and was told that it was "the buildings rule". in the past i have complyed with this rule primaryley becouse the peopole i was with were making a stink about the hole thing. in two weaks i will need to go to court once again this time with diferent people and will notfiy them at the time of check in that i will need to rearm before leaving the building. i will post what happens after the court date.

Deleted_User

First off, WELCOME to OCDO! Secondly, thanks for your post form a CCer perspective. It seems their policies are off.

I'm planning a Bellingham trip for the end of the month. I'm looking to form a convoy. Let's see ...

sudden valley gunner

Welcome to the forum Edgar maybe we can bring you over to the "light side" LOL.

In My opinion the state law is pretty clear on this. They must give you a key if they have a lock box, or designate someone to hold the weapon and that person and weapon must remain in the building. They are also liable for anything that happens to it, missing a round because it fell out? They owe you a round.

Carrying ID is not a requirement by state law, throw out the "Is this Nazi Germany, where I need to carry my papers" statement, it makes them uncomfortable.

Also I feel it violates your privacy and property for them to handle it or change the condition it was given to them while you go about your business. I have been to private business. I have a sneaky suspicion they may also be "observing" your serial numbers and running your weapon, which would violate your 4th.

tombrewster421

It would be interesting, maybe a piece of tape or such, to see if they removed it to check.

Sounds like a decent idea. Pretty sure that a piece of tape couldn't be considered illegal. No different from covering the serial up while holstered. I may have to force my wife to go down there and get her CPL since she doesn't seem to want to do it on her own. Then I could test the waters some more.

Sparky508

Locking a retention type?

Looking at my Blackhawk, you could get one of those quarter machine type locks and lock out the release button. It would take a small hole to get drilled in for the hasp to go through. Paddle type rig could be removed and handed over in such fashion.

Evil after thought:
California's OCers could have a good time with that one......................................

Edgar

thank you for the welcome i have oc'ed in my home town where i know some of the cop's. the main reason for me not oc more offten is the crap i get from my wife and the dog show croude (ie: my wife has a kennel and shows mastiffs almost every weakend ) i know winppy on my part but after all the crap i have put my wife thrugh to cc at dog shows she would probly kill me in my sleep if i made it worce.:lol:

sudden valley gunner

thank you for the welcome i have oc'ed in my home town where i know some of the cop's. the main reason for me not oc more offten is the crap i get from my wife and the dog show croude (ie: my wife has a kennel and shows mastiffs almost every weakend ) i know winppy on my part but after all the crap i have put my wife thrugh to cc at dog shows she would probly kill me in my sleep if i made it worce.:lol:

Bring her to a meet, they are family affairs. I've seen people change their perception of OC, after they see that it isn't just there crazy boy/girlfriend.

Stryker

aefddc26-bd8e-027d.jpg
aefddc26-bdae-9113.jpg

They put me in locker #1 today. I'm not carrying sterile, so I can only share my experience playing by their rules. They have you fill out a form indicating what you have left with them that acknowledges that they may unload your firearm and that you will not cause a disruption when reloading at your vehicle. The card pictured is your proof of ownership.

Yesterday I waited in their entryway for the deputies and placed the firearm in a small case I use for air travel. (No one observed me doing so, so I was not concerned. ) The deputy accepted the case and I locked it before he departed. My CPL was retained until I retrieved it later during the day. The case was not tampered with, but the officer said that the case did not fit in their lockers and he would not be able to accept it in one the next time. I Press holstered myself and departed without incident.

Certainly better than having the officer removing and reholstering for me, but the requirements for ID and statement about reloading are clearly not in line with state law... IMHO

Today was the same routine except I just left the gun in it's Serpa paddle holster and placed it on the table when requested. They did not handle it in my presence. I'll be curious to see how it will be returned this afternoon. I did inform officer Carter that I would need to reload onsite since the bus would be a very bad idea. He pointed out that the paper document only says they "may download (sic)" the firearm. Nice spelling error, eh?

Also, today was OC vs yesterday's OC. No commentary was received. Perhaps I'll drip a little candlewax on the serial number on the frame if I return tomorrow. Unlike tape, they can't put the wax back on.