Thread: Local NC Band member defends his buddy's life!

Local NC Band member defends his buddy's life!

Vehicular carry saved a life!

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/103432574.html

The band "Parmalee" was relaxing in their RV after a show in Rock Hill on Monday Night, when two thugs entered their RV brandishing guns and demanding money. The BG's opened fire, shooting the band's drummer in the stomach and leg (he survived, but is still in critical condition, recovering from surgery).

But the BGs didn't know that another band member had his own gun in the RV, and defended himself and his fellow musicians, killing one of the robbers, and wounding the other, who was arrested and is in the hospital in stable condition.

This could have been a LOT worse if the band hadn't been able to defend themselves.

Hats off to the armed band member. And prayers go out for Parmalee's Drummer, wishing him a speedy and complete recovery...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 09-22-2010 at 09:32 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I hope the drummer pulls through.

Sounds like the carrier responded well. Kudos.

Good. One less thug on the streets, and hopefully one that'll think twice about messing with someone.

Hope the drummer recovers quickly.

These guys are well known locally and have been around for quite a while. They travel in the RV and pull a plain white cargo trailer with the equipment. No logos or anything about the rig would indicate it belongs to a band. I have to wonder if the punks expected to surprise a family inside.
    Anyway, the word is that Scott was in the rear bedroom area and heard the commotion in the RV and stepped out with gun in hand. He ordered the two intruders to leave. Dead intruder opened fire on Scott, hitting him 3 times. Scott returned fire, hitting both. Injured intruder made it out into the lot and dropped, dead intruder collapsed at the steps.
    Scott was hit in the legs and stomach, and suffered heavy blood loss.
    I'm going to contribute to help out.
    Last edited by Resto Guy; 09-23-2010 at 09:51 PM.

It's surprising to me that both BG's didn't end up DOA. I'm just sayin....

RK

It looks like the drummer (who was shot, and was ALSO the one who defended himself against the thugs) is going to pull through, and make a near full recovery...

Other good news is that the "one that got away" (22 year old Dytavis Hinton of Rock Hill) has been arrested by the police, and is being charged with, among other things, Felony Murder, because his accomplice was killed in the commission of a felony.

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/104166899.html

Sometimes the justice system DOES work--even in NC...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Bravo! If it's absolutely necessary to use lethal force to protect your life or the life of someone else, If it's your life or mine, I'm going home to my family and I'm for damn sure gonna do everything within my vast abilities to make sure that someone else I'm protecting does as well. And thank god the drummer is pulling through. It probably would have ended in more deaths if he didn't have a gun at the ready in the RV.
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..."

[ Kyd: "I think I'm gonna have "13 1/2" tattooed on my shoulder..."

Me: "Why the hell would you do that?"

Kyd: "Thats one judge, 12 jurors, and a half a chance I'm gonna get off..." ]