• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home owner shoots burglar in ass with shotgun... Ouch

mFonz77

If anyone finds out that they are definitively not filing charges can you please post? I saw this...seems like a good shoot (I had to read it a few times...)

TOF

If as reported, the Castle Doctrine should kick in. If they continued to charge the door knowing someone was inside they deserve to have been shot with a bit more accurate placement of pellets.

*1911_man*

Im curious to see if charges will be filed. Obviously they knew someone was in there, so what were they planning to do once they got in? Nothing good i would imagine, i would have fired too most likely. Not really sure how the home owner managed to hit the guy is the @$$, since he would have had to be turned AWAY from the home owner, in a running away type fashion, but oh well. Least no one was killed, particularly the home owner.

X

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

Im curious to see if charges will be filed. Obviously they knew someone was in there, so what were they planning to do once they got in? Nothing good i would imagine, i would have fired too most likely. Not really sure how the home owner managed to hit the guy is the @$$, since he would have had to be turned AWAY from the home owner, in a running away type fashion, but oh well. Least no one was killed, particularly the home owner.

I would imagine if I were the home owner and saw the men were about to break the door in, I would stand against the wall the door was located on, so as they came in it would put me out of their immidiate site and place me in a good position to defend from and shoot in the arse. Hard telling what really happend though

We-the-People

I thought there was an "M" missing there.

GOOD SHOOT from the sounds of it....broke down the door, that makes it fairly safe for the homeowner (from a shooting investigation point of view)