Thread: Carry on a sidewalk

Carry on a sidewalk

OK it is is not a catchey title but whocares lol. Between where I live and bunch of businesses there is a University. Now is it ok for me to walk on the side walk to get to those businesses? I am not cutting through the campus or anything but when I walk down the street there is University property on both sides so I am really more forced to use one or the other.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Well here in Ind no guns on school grounds, except if you are in your vehicle and dropping or picking up a student. I guess it depends who's side walks they are. Vermillions (I assume) or the colleges.

Talking about a post-secondary school in south dakota. I know the Board of regents dont allow carry on campus. I am using the side walk on the perimeter of the college that would be used by the public.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    You might consider posting this question on the SD forum for a more succinct answer. They are probably in a better position to give you the info you want.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Definitely post in the SD forum, but know in advance that the Federal Safe Schools Act says 1000 feet is the cushion for a school. We all know it's unenforcible on a sidewalk that borders the school (on a city easement) and it's unenforcible on the city street. That said, you can bet there's some legal-eagle out there wearing a badge that is going to try to push the envelope on this particular issue.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by heresyourdipstickjimmy View Post
    Definitely post in the SD forum, but know in advance that the Federal Safe Schools Act says 1000 feet is the cushion for a school. We all know it's unenforcible on a sidewalk that borders the school (on a city easement) and it's unenforcible on the city street. That said, you can bet there's some legal-eagle out there wearing a badge that is going to try to push the envelope on this particular issue.
    The 1000' foot component is null and void if you have been issued a CCW within the state in which you are a resident and in which the school exists. You do not have to have it with you.. you only need to have been issued the permit.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!