• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friend or Foe Map

Bill Starks

State Researcher
just got this from the owner of the FriendorFoe site. In Washington, someone took several "foe" sites and changed them to "friendly." Antigunners? a mistake? we don't know but I asked Chris if there was a way to require reversals with some sort of explanation. here's his email reply......

Bill,

First, I'm glad you're using the site and are finding it useful. I've
got several changes planned, and they should help eliminate rating
reversals without justification.

I'd rather not require users to log in or use email verification, as
that would require much more moderation, and until I can get a system
in place to allow others to help out with that sort of approval
process, I simply don't have the time to do it myself. I'm in the
middle of trying to sell our house and packing for the move, so my
time is pretty limited currently.

I'm thinking about adding a 'report this' link to the business popup
in the meantime, until I can get the other modifications in place.
Also, I'll take a look at the database and see if anything looks fishy
(multiple positive reviews at about the same time, etc) and let you
know.

I'm sure we can sort this out soon.

Thanks,
Chris

rotorhead

Wow, sounds like it's a voting machine lol. I'm almost afraid to use it now, I'd hate to be the cause of getting Harry Reid re-elected :uhoh:

razor_baghdad

~~bump~~ update as appropriate, please!!

I see lots of folks posting in the OC experience thread but notso many updates!

It's easy and valuable folks so lets add to the education and awareness of those who are confused about OC/CC.

I see more people reading NC's forum than any other state so let's go 'Gold Star' and update!

Last edited:

sultan62

~~bump~~ update as appropriate, please!!

I see lots of folks posting in the OC experience thread but notso many updates!

It's easy and valuable folks so lets add to the education and awareness of those who are confused about OC/CC.

I see more people reading NC's forum than any other state so let's go 'Gold Star' and update!

We don't have as much activity as VA, WI, WA, but we're up there.

Unfortunately, I'm currently in an area that only has a few stores. Any time I go to a new one I update, but I certainly don't post about places I've been to before unless there is a change.

rotorhead

Bumped for Cracker Barrel in Morrisville.

Mods, is there anyway to pin this map or a link to it?

Thanks!

rotorhead

We should all just plow through the entire phone book of restaurants and clubs in the area th atserve alcohol and give them "negative" ratings on "FriendOrFoe". If EVERY single restaurant in NC that served alcohol was listed with a "negative" rating, it might start to wake people up to how stupid and limiting the carry ban in restaurants REALLY is...

Imagine all those red dots!

That might bring some restaurant owners over to our side.

I've added nearly a dozen "red dots" to Greenville already...

Dreamer, I was thinking about this today...

For the most part, most of these businesses are simply following state statutes against carrying in establishments that sell and serve alcohol- and not barring OCers due to company policy separate from state statute.

I can see giving how giving a negative red dot might draw attention to the issue, but also might unfairly label a business as anti-carry unduly. For instance, we do not know whether or not the owners are anti-gun simply because they are forced, though state statute, to bar weapons from their premises. So while it may help for a quick reference for people, that knowledge should also be known already to those that carry, given that they should be aware of the statutes in place already, if they carry.

Half of me just thinks it's a little harsh to many of these businesses to mark them as (at a quick glance) anti-carry simply for following state law. It's pretty much out of their hands right now until that part of the statutes are overturned.

I dunno, just a thought I guess.

sultan62

It works based on overall rating, and the rating system is as follows:

Negative Review: -3 points
Neutral Review: +1 point
Positive Review: +2 points

Most likely, a rating of zero points, but with actual reviews will show up gray, but I'm not sure about that. One or more points is green, and negative one points or less is red.

There is no way I know of to delete a business.