• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friend or Foe Map

smlawrence

How many of you use and update the OC & CC Map located at http://www.friendorfoe.us/

I update it daily as I travel to new places but I don't notice any other new places being added to it. Was just curious if everyond uses a different site to find gun friendly businesses to spend their money at or just visit.

Last edited:

sultan62

I use it whenever I go somewhere I haven't been before. I don't make repeat ratings, though.

Also, where I currently am, I don't go to new places often and so don't add locations frequently. I am responsible for many in the Clayton/Smithfield area as well as all in the Sylva area.

smlawrence

yea, I'm slowly taking care of the Kernersville/Colfax area. I don't repeat postings but add each new one as I learn them.

Northerner

Unfortunately the map doesn't seem to be up-to-date, at least within the last year or so. A lot of new places don't show up (Clayton, Wilson). I probable have about 6 places that aren't found.

Dreamer

ALL the current 20 entries for Greenville and Washington are mine, and I try to add a few new ones ever week or so...

Last edited:

sultan62

I've got everything in the Sylva/Asheville area, and to the best of my knowledge, just me and Northerner are covering Clayton and the surrounding area, with a little more help in Cary/Raleigh.

Northerner

Unfortunately the map doesn't seem to be up-to-date, at least within the last year or so. A lot of new places don't show up (Clayton, Wilson). I probably have about 6 places that aren't found.

For instance: The Radio Shack next to Blockbuster in the Clayton Walmart is not showing up on the Friend or Foe Map. At work now, but if time permits, I'll list the othere 5 or so that are also not on the map.

PS. Sorry for the mispelled word.

Dreamer

We should all just plow through the entire phone book of restaurants and clubs in the area th atserve alcohol and give them "negative" ratings on "FriendOrFoe". If EVERY single restaurant in NC that served alcohol was listed with a "negative" rating, it might start to wake people up to how stupid and limiting the carry ban in restaurants REALLY is...

Imagine all those red dots!

That might bring some restaurant owners over to our side.

I've added nearly a dozen "red dots" to Greenville already...

Last edited:

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
Good idea

We should all just plow through the entire phone book of restaurants and clubs in the area th atserve alcohol and give them "negative" ratings on "FriendOrFoe". If EVERY single restaurant in NC that served alcohol was listed with a "negative" rating, it might start to wake people up to how stupid and limiting the carry ban in restaurants REALLY is...

Imagine all those red dots!

That might bring some restaurant owners over to our side.

I've added nearly a dozen "red dots" to Greenville already...

rotorhead

Sweet deal. Lemme know when the next one is and I can probably make it.

Last edited:

Corst01

Thanks for pointing out this map. I wasn't aware of it either.
So I started doing my duty and just listed 6 or so places in the Wake Forest area that I frequent on a regular basis.

@Dreamer - Great idea about the restaurants. Think I'll start doing that for all the places local to me.

rotorhead

Finally got around to updating my normal spots in the 'Nam. One place of note that the map wouldn't locate is the Hess gas station on Raeford Rd. There are two actually within a mile of each other- one is closer to the All American Exprssway. The one I'm talking about is further south close to the Bojangles. I go there almost every morning and they are very happy to see me- very OC friendly. I haven't been to the one closer to the All American so can't say one way or the other about that one.