• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maple Leaf Parade-La Crosse

professor gun

Hey all OC'ers,
We have been invited to march in the Maple Leaf Parade in La Crosse on Saturday, Sept 25 with the La Crosse County Republican Party and with the Dan Kapanke campaign. It would be nice if we could have a large contingent wearing Wisconsin Carry t-shirts with both of the groups to hand out pamphlets.

Be at Avon St just south of Sill St in north La Crosse before 10 a.m., empty holsters. The LCRP group is #101B in the parade, as I recall Kapanke is #78. We can divide our total numbers who show up among the two locations in the parade.

Any questions, PM me.

johnny amish

Dan Kapankes group will be meeting at Clinton St. and Copeland Av. around 8:30, we are # 78 in the line up. As of now it looks like we have somewhere around 12 people willing to help, we sure could use more. Bring your family and friends, Dan will have t-shirts for you if you don't have WCI shirts. It should be a good day of fellowship with like minded friends.

professor gun

Okay is it 8:30 or just before 10am? I'm getting conflicting times and places to meet from different threads.

I was told last night at the LCRP that the parade starts at 10 a.m. but the later positions are not likely to start until 11 from the origin of the parade. I am planning on getting there 9 or 9:30.

@ johnny, I am not sure how many will be with the LCRP. Maybe we could split the numbers between the two?

johnny amish

I was told last night at the LCRP that the parade starts at 10 a.m. but the later positions are not likely to start until 11 from the origin of the parade. I am planning on getting there 9 or 9:30.

@ johnny, I am not sure how many will be with the LCRP. Maybe we could split the numbers between the two?

Splitting the numbers between the two groups would be great. I hope that we can make a strong showing this weekend. Anybody willing to walk if you show up before 10 a.m. we will find a spot for you.

anmut

Splitting the numbers between the two groups would be great. I hope that we can make a strong showing this weekend. Anybody willing to walk if you show up before 10 a.m. we will find a spot for you.

Okay my wife and I will be there around 9-9:30. Can someone PM me a phone number so I can find who I need to find in the midst of an assumed crowd of people?

Woodchuck

Johnny Amish and I will be meeting professor gun at around 9:30 to get a feel for how many people and to divy up pamphlets and banners. We'll be meeting at Copeland and Clinton, we're #78 in the parade for Team Kapanke, we'll also be walking with the LCRP at #101b. Feel free to contact me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000365886451 or contact johnny amish or professor gun on here. God Bless and Carry On

anmut

Johnny Amish and I will be meeting professor gun at around 9:30 to get a feel for how many people and to divy up pamphlets and banners. We'll be meeting at Copeland and Clinton, we're #78 in the parade for Team Kapanke, we'll also be walking with the LCRP at #101b. Feel free to contact me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000365886451 or contact johnny amish or professor gun on here. God Bless and Carry On

Hey woodchuck - I "friended" you on FB.