• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 9/25 @ 9:30 AM - River City Diner Parham Rd & I-95

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 9/25 @ 9:30 AM - River City Diner Parham Rd & I-95

Breakfast 9:30 AM @ River City Diner
803 East Parham Road

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=R...=37.63536&longitude=-77.45582&geocode=ADDRESS

Then we get all cultural at the 43rd Street Arts Festival. It's a street festival in the Forest Hill Park area. Art. Crafts. Food. Dogs. Kids. Hippies. It ought to be a wonderful experience. We're hoping for a special appearance by Zeus, but nothing definate on that at this time.

http://eventful.com/richmond/events/43rd-street-festival-arts-/E0-001-009613106-5

43rd Street Festival of the Arts
Sep 25, 2010 10:00 am - 5:00 pm | Saturday

Details
Cost: Free - donations to Freedom House accepted
The 19th annual 43rd Street Festival of the Arts returns to Richmond. The show is a fine art and craft show featuring 65 of the regions finest artisans. Local musicians, including Susan Greenbaum and the Bluz Catz, provide music for this event. The show is a fund-raiser for Freedom House, the local homeless shelter. Enjoy a day of fine art, music and food. Free. Call or logon to the website for more information.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Ric...107&2y=US&2l=37.63536&2g=-77.45582&2v=ADDRESS

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My noble steed is having serious transplant work performed (transmission), but have interim stealth machine.

Come on out and join the fun + get some culture. :D

InkdNPrcdAngl

Nooo! Im so torn!!! My sister wants to go to Chesterfest, but I didn't know about this! :banghead:
Hmm...take her to CF, or drag her to the Street Arts Fest and get tortured, I mean, introduce her, to you semi crazy people? :)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd love to go and take Zeus Skid...but I'm at the farm and will be here for a while judging from the work that needs doing.
I need to be here more than 3 or 4 days a week.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Riverrat showed up before heading off to shoot more doves. Recipies were exchanged before his departure.

The art fair was fun, but not exciting fun. Nowhere near as many stickers given away as the farmers' market episode. Grapeshot had all the good conversations, but I got to meet a lovely North London accent showing her vacationing folks around - her Daddy did not see how GSL made any sense, but he's from (formerly)Great Britain so it doesn't count. She, on the other hand, agreed that she needs to carry her Glock more often, even around her parents.

One of the "artistes" may be incorporating a few GSL stickers into something that probably does not strongly favor our side so much as it will PETA, but hey, exposure is exposure.

After a couple of hours it got too hot for me. I abandoned Grapeshot to 101+ heat. Looking forward to tomorrow's highs in the low 70's, and maybe some rain which should not hurt the rhubarb.

We will be having Saturday breakfast again next Saturday and then slowly heading towards Snag-A-Job pavillion. The week after that is the TEA Party convention and breakfast may be eaten outside the Convention Center - we shall see what we see when we make a decision.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Finally landed in one spot!

Breakfast was concluded and heading for the 43rd Street Festival when I was stopped in the parking lot by some gentlemen on motorcycles - gave out VCDL info cards and answered questions - had to play catch up with Skid on 43st. He corraled all the English lasses and I got to pet the dogs. The crowd seem generally accepting with a moderate number interested enough to approach and ask questions. Actually a pleasant time except for the very dry heat.

Went from there to Chesterfest in downtown Chester, Va. Wow what a difference. This event was apparently situated on private property, but the acceptance of GSL stickers and VCDL info was much better than the 43 St. event. Lots and lots of explaining who and what VCDL is and is not - a surprising number already were aware and just wanted to add their voice of support by wearing the stickers. Kids love them to. And good exchange with JRROTC students who couldn't wear them (in uniform), but did tuck them away in their pockets.

Family B-Day celebration and now I get to play PC catch up.