Thread: Question: North Las Vegas, Vegas Strip

Las Vegas, Nevada

Question Question: North Las Vegas, Vegas Strip

I am new to the whole "Open Carry" movement as I just purchased my first firearm this week and want to open carry. A Smith & Wesson M&P .45, in point of fact. For those who live in Las Vegas, Nevada - here is a point of reference. I live up near Tenaya/Alexander.

Now here's my question. How is "Open Carry" treated up here in Northern Las Vegas? I'm concerned because nobody seems to have a straight answer regarding this subject. Can I open carry without fear of harassment? Can I have the pistol chambered or not?

Same questions in relation to the Vegas Strip.

The last thing I want is to wind up in jail. Advice on this will be VERY appreciated.

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    SB 92 is pretty clear, but I'm led to believe that some officers are not aware in the communist republic of North Las Vegas.

Legislative Counsel’s Digest:
    1 Assembly Bill No. 147 of the 1989 Legislative Session (Chapter 308, Statutes
    2 of Nevada 1989, p. 653) reserved for the Legislature the rights and powers
    3 necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, ownership,
    4 transportation, registration and licensing of firearms and ammunition in this State.
    5 However, section 5 of Assembly Bill No. 147 provided that the preemptive effect
    6 of the bill applied only to ordinances or regulations adopted by local governments
    7 on or after June 13, 1989. This bill amends that section to include and preempt
    8 ordinances or regulations adopted by local governments before June 13, 1989.
    Last edited by Bravo_Sierra; 09-23-2010 at 08:41 AM.

, ,

North Las Vegas

I live in North Las Vegas and open carry all the time.

Never have a problem with NLV PD

Creech AFB. NV
    Same. I open carry a majority of the time, and typically I don't get hassled (store clerks might hassle you). DO what I did. Call North Las Vegas Police Department, ask them if they are enforcing that unconstitutional law. I was told no, and I wrote down the name, badge/employee #, and the date time of when I spoke to them.