• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry Lawsuit against Madison PD (Madison 5 Culvers incident)

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is filing a federal lawsuit against the Madison Police Department.

We are fast-tracking this lawsuit.

Before the incident at Culvers we were already preparing to file another lawsuit in the next week or two for a previous incident with a different municipality from this past summer. As such, in consideration of those legal costs, we could use some contributions specifically for the "Madison 5" lawsuit.

If you would like to contribute to fund specifically the lawsuit for the "Madison 5" Culvers incident there is a you may contribute via our website.

We need to raise a lot of money in a hurry for this one

www.wisconsincarry.org

Contributions from the donate button on the homepage will go specifically towards the federal lawsuit and also the attorney that will be retained if need be on behalf of the "Madison 5" to fight their unlawful DC charges.

Donations may be mailed to:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
P.O. Box 270403
Milwaukee, WI 53227

Please indicate "Madison 5 lawsuit" on the memo field of the check

Carry On,

Nik Clark
Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Last edited:

joejoejoe

We are watching this from Washington State! We are rooting for you guys, and I really hope those cops don't get off easy for their harassment. You should not be allowed to carry the badge if you feel like making up laws.

Joe~

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Buckeye Firearms Foundation has a tax-exempt charitable foundation set up.

They have committed a huge matching $ donation to our efforts here for this lawsuit.

They should have the page up in a day or two and donations can be made to that tax exempt charitable foundation that will go directly to Wisconsin Carry (and be matched 100% by Buckeye Firearms Foundation) Those donations sent through their page are tax deductible.

I will post a link when it becomes available and also probably link through our home page.

Nik Clark

BTC

I heard Nik on Vicki McKenna's show on Monday or Tuesday on WISN1130 in Milwaukee. That was the first I heard of the Culver's incident. I was so pi$$ed. I've subscribed to your mailing list and referred several others to do the same, and become a member.

After reading this forum I also added a shortcut on my Blackberry home page to the voice recorder because I'm going to start to OC and love the idea of being prepared! Good call to the gentleman who posted the details on the recording.

Also, I donated to the legal defense fund.

Good luck!

protias

I heard Nik on Vicki McKenna's show on Monday or Tuesday on WISN1130 in Milwaukee. That was the first I heard of the Culver's incident. I was so pi$$ed. I've subscribed to your mailing list and referred several others to do the same, and become a member.

After reading this forum I also added a shortcut on my Blackberry home page to the voice recorder because I'm going to start to OC and love the idea of being prepared! Good call to the gentleman who posted the details on the recording.

Also, I donated to the legal defense fund.

Good luck!
Welcome aboard. Will you also be attending the festivities this weekend?

ARADCOM

They have committed a huge matching $ donation to our efforts here for this lawsuit.

They should have the page up in a day or two and donations can be made to that tax exempt charitable foundation that will go directly to Wisconsin Carry (and be matched 100% by Buckeye Firearms Foundation) Those donations sent through their page are tax deductible.

I will post a link when it becomes available and also probably link through our home page.

Nik Clark

I joined WCI a couple of days ago in support of the Madison 5. Was going to make another contribution today and then saw the info on the Buckeye match and thought I'd wait 'till that's going to have a double impact.

Please be sure to post a link to that in this thread when it becomes available. Stay strong.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Just an update on the lawsuit. Wisconsin Carry has retained an attorney for the first lawsuit we will be filing against the Madison Police Department.

We expect to have the lawsuit filed by Tuesday.

I look forward to making the "official" announcement on Tuesday including a copy of the suit.

With the guidance of Wisconsin Carry board member, attorney Joseph Louis Olson, trial attorney and litigation practice partner at Michael Best and Friedrich, one of the Midwest's largest and most reputable law-firms, We have assembled an EXCEPTIONAL team of attorneys to litigate this case.

I'm pleased to inform WCI members that James R. Troupis will be lead counsel for WCI.

Northwestern University School of Law alum Jim Troupis is one of Wisconsin’s most successful lawyers. He is highly respected nationally for his legal accomplishments, notably with respect to issues related to state and federal constitutional law. Jim practiced for many years with Michael Best & Friedrich, LLP before recently establishing Jim Troupis Law Office in Middleton and Chicago. Mr. Troupis has practiced before the Wisconsin State Supreme Court.

Attorney John R. Monroe, who serves on the Board of Directors of Georgia Carry, and submitted an amicus curiae brief to the United States Supreme Court regarding District of Columbia v. Heller. is one of the countries most experienced gun-rights attorneys and will assist Wisconsin Carry in this lawsuit as well.

Wisconsin Carry has also made contact with attorney Chris Van Wagner which we expect to, if needed, retain on behalf of the Madison 5 to dispose of the unlawfully issued disorderly conduct citations. We still expect that Madison Police Department and/or the city attorney will come to their senses and mitigate their future legal liability and drop the unlawfully issued disorderly conduct charges against the Madison 5. If not, Ivy League law school (Cornell Law School 1981) alum Christopher T. Van Wagner holds an "AV" Peer Review rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He has been repeatedly honored by Super Lawyers as one of Wisconsin's top criminal defense lawyers (only the top 5% are recognized). The Dane County defense bar honored him as "Warrior of the Year". The Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (WACDL) has three times awarded Chris the Martin Hanson Advocate's Prize - a statewide honor for his repeated victories in criminal cases. In each of the past several surveys of all Dane County Wisconsin attorneys, Christopher Van Wagner has repeatedly been one of a handful of attorneys to be named to Madison's Best Criminal Defense Lawyers; this year, he was one of three named as Madison's Best.

Attorney Van Wagner frequently serves as a legal analyst and criminal trial commentator on Court TV with anchor Nancy Grace, who now also hosts the Larry King show, the Dan Abrams Report on MSNBC, The Today Show, Good Morning America, ABC News, ABC Madison Channel 27, Madison Channel 3000 (C3K), as well as other local and national networks. He teaches at national and regional criminal law seminars, often lecturing on the critical importance of creative defense strategies. He has written for legal publications including the Wisconsin State Journal. He often publishes legal notes and comments about Wisconsin criminal law in his BLOG (http://wisconsincriminallaw.blogspot.com)

We look forward to an exceptionally swift and aggressive legal challenge to the unconstitutional infringement on the rights of law-abiding Wisconsinites by the Madison Police Department.

Carry On,

On behalf of WCI

Nik Clark

Hubert Hoffman
Vice-President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Auric Gold
Secretary - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
I just want to commend WCI on their efforts! It is really a great service you guys are providing to your members, it makes me proud to be a member of WCI.

Things are tight for me right now, however, I could have easily been one of these 5 individuals and I there is no way I would be able to hire such a team of lawyers on my own... so I will be donating what I can, I'm just awaiting the link to the Buckeye Firearms Foundation fund so I can effectively double my donation.

Thanks again to Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Nik Clark

Here is the link to a donation page on Buckeye Firearms Foundation website.

Buckeye Firearms Foundation is a tax-exempt entity. All donation going through their website are tax-deductible.

Huge thanks to the guys at Buckeye Firearms Foundation for their help and offer of assistance!

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450