Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I called Laura Cnare...

So I called Laura Cnare...

I asked her to elaborate on why she thought citizens carrying a firearm was childish. All she really said is that its childish, and adults don't need to carry firearms. As opposed to what kids? She refused to give reasons, was extremely rude, and when I asked why we couldn't have an adult conversation about this, she told me I wasn't her constituent and hung up on me. Mind you I never even told her where I live. This woman needs to be exposed.

McX
    she hung up on you because you weren't holding the phone in your LEFT hand, when talking to the LEFT.

actually I was, I'm left handed.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Trying to have a coherent/intelligent/productive conversation with people like her is futile.

She took an oath to uphold the constitution of the United States of America and she has broken that oath, What else would someone expect a conversation with her to be like?

I had posted a link to her information and it includes a picture, Oddly she looks exactly like what I had expected her to look like.

She is a Jr. Pelosi, she feels she knows better than everyone else and therefore refuses to listen to the constituents who elected her to office and instead takes her own path and acts on her own twisted beliefs.

..."This woman needs to be exposed".

If she looks like Pelosi, I'm certainly glad she hasn't been "exposed". YUK!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

exposure

anyone have any luck with reporting her comments and such to the various news media?

Well I have yet to hear back from her today regarding my email I sent yesterday. Doubt that will happen.

Basically she is your typical Madison Liberal. I'm sure she has a couple degrees and the people at her book clubs think that she's very intelligent. I'm guessing that she has friends that hold higher offices than her and that makes her feel special as well. And I'll bet that if *her* side of the story isn't the popular side, that she is all for "opening dialog."

She is as transparent (+5 points for using Oboma talking point!) as the windows on her Prius.

I hope that her constituents hold her to the fire for her disregard of the Wisconsin Constitution.

Imho

In my humble opinion, trying to communicate with these types of people is a waste of time. If you want to reward her for he arrogance, insulting demeanor and willingness to help violate our rights, get out your checkbook and send some $$$ to help fund a lawsuit against Madison. Nothing will tick off the gun hating liberals more then a win for us in the upcoming lawsuit that results in all freedom lovers being able to open carry in Wisconsin without unlawful police interference. We can then call miss arrogant alderMAN and thank her for motivating us to donate.

I have committed to NIk that I am in for $100. I ask you all to do what you can in this effort. This could be the big one we have all been waiting for. Donations can be donated on line a www.wisconsincarry.org, or mailed to
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI 53227

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I have committed to NIk that I am in for $100. I ask you all to do what you can in this effort. This could be the big one we have all been waiting for. Donations can be donated on line a www.wisconsincarry.org, or mailed to
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI 53227
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

That is incredibly rude and child-like behavior. Unlike the added responsibility of carrying a firearm.

Why am I not the least bit surprised by her actions and attitude towards you?

I agree that communications with her are a waste of time.

I'm not familiar with Madison law, but this may be an Ethics violation and punishable by sanctions or even termination.

If we could get the original email forwarded to the other alders, council members, mayor and the media it might make a difference.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    If we could get the original email forwarded to the other alders, council members, mayor and the media it might make a difference.
    That should be fairly straightforward - and easily accomplished - by sending an email, addressed to all the others that says something like "I recently asked the following question of Alder Cnare, and this was her reply. Do you concur with her stated opinion, and is this the official stance of the Madison government?"

If that could be done by FORWARDING her reply to all those others, it would be more effective, showing it actually did come from her (especially with full headers)...

Jus' sayin'
    Last edited by Tomas; 09-23-2010 at 09:18 PM. Reason: ...damned tpyos...
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

I'd be so ashamed to be in her area. heck, i'm ashamed just hearing what she said.
    Last edited by xenophon; 09-23-2010 at 10:22 PM.

bhancock
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    That should be fairly straightforward - and easily accomplished - by sending an email, addressed to all the others that says something like "I recently asked the following question of Alder Cnare, and this was her reply. Do you concur with her stated opinion, and is this the official stance of the Madison government?"

If that could be done by FORWARDING her reply to all those others, it would be more effective, showing it actually did come from her (especially with full headers)...

Jus' sayin'
    Done just now. Forwarded original email with headers to all districts except District 3. I did originally email all districts with my questions and she was the only response. Perhaps because it appears the Culvers may be in her district. I gotta hit the hay now.

Quote Originally Posted by bhancock View Post
    Done just now. Forwarded original email with headers to all districts except District 3. I did originally email all districts with my questions and she was the only response. Perhaps because it appears the Culvers may be in her district. I gotta hit the hay now.
    NICE.

On that note - I was thinking that a few hundred black and white 8 1/2" x 11" print outs with her quote under a big title such as "Laura Cnare A Nazi?" and then stapled all over her district on telephone poles might be a fun afternoon.

NICE.

On that note - I was thinking that a few hundred black and white 8 1/2" x 11" print outs with her quote under a big title such as "Laura Cnare A Nazi?" and then stapled all over her district on telephone poles might be a fun afternoon.
    And under that,
    this:
    (4) Responsibility of Public Office. Incumbents are agents of public purpose and hold office for the
    benefit of the public. They are bound to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the
    Constitution of this State and to carry out impartially the laws of the nation, state, and
    municipality. They are bound to discharge faithfully the duties of their office regardless of
    personal considerations, recognizing that the public interest must be their primary concern.
    Incumbents shall adhere to the rules of work and performance established as the standard for their
    positions by the appropriate authority. They shall not exceed their authority or breach the law or
    ask others to do so, and shall work in full cooperation with others unless prohibited from so doing
    by law or by officially recognized confidentiality of their work.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

you don't seriously think she cares one whit about ethics do you Doug?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    IF I were to comment it would be to the effect that we drag up stuff like this to impeach an elected official but do not when she carries out the laws of her municipality that WE believe are preempted under § 66.0409.

Few care about ethics.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 09-24-2010 at 09:28 AM.

bhancock
    Her comments have clearly exposed her understanding of it being a legal activity, no preemption question at all. What she stated was that her greatest concern was preserving the culture of Madison. Something to the effect that we have no understanding of the society of Madison which does NOT include people carrying guns! This clearly puts her personal preference and opinion above her duty to uphold the Constitutions and the law. Impeach or recall, whichever is the proper action.

In effect she said I know it is legal but I don't care. When in our town you will act the way we want you to or stay home. Then the police chief memo answers by saying if you do come we will harass and arrest you so you never want to come again.

I found her reply to another;
    "Thanks for the publicity. I take my responsibilities to protect the integrity and atmosphere of my city very seriously and am painfully aware that the majority of conflict between people happens when others are not respectful of commonly accepted norms. We do not pack pistols in restaurants in Madison. Why not? Simply not necessary or appropriate. It's too bad that some people feel that exercising their rights to make a point has to be such an issue. Frankly, visits that cause these kinds of disturbances aren't economic stimuli for our city. That poor restaurant probably lost sales due to the show. As you note, you are not a Madison resident, thus don't know the flavor of our community. This could be the best campaign incident in a long time!"
    Last edited by bhancock; 09-24-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: included comment

I'm sure she has a couple degrees and the people at her book clubs think that she's very intelligent.
    Hey! Some of us resemble that remark.

McX
    i can't comment on my i.q. i don't know if i have one. i can give my current age though:

100.437 precisely, measured in your years
    (where is this phrase from you rocket scientists in attendance?)

added on edit; this one sat for awhile, by God for once i got the smart little whipper-snappers!
    i'll throw the answer in here if they don't get it by the end of the day.

double add; i just can't let the young ones hang; they'll burn their computer search engines out on this question. the answer is:

how spock's dad responded to a question from doctor McCoy as to how old he was- star trek, original series, journey to babel empisode i beleive.
    Last edited by McX; 09-24-2010 at 04:00 PM.

bhancock

2 For, 2 Against

Cnare and Kerr Against
    Thuy and Sanborn For
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    I also do not think you should (or anyone else) should openly carrying guns in Madison and feel quite confident that the vast majority of actual Madisonians that I represent agree.

You and your family are welcome to visit, but please leave your deadly weapons at home.

Julia Kerr, Alderperson
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    I find the response disgusting, and while it is not the "official" stance of Madison government, it is unfortunately the predominate one.

-Jed Sanborn
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    I am sorry that you and your friends had such an unpleasant experience visiting our area.
    It's unfortunate the incident has been blown way out of proportion.

I am doubly sorry that Alder C'nare, who happened to be the Pro-tem for Madison Common Council, has such a flippant response showing so little respect for visitors to Madison.
    My apologies to you for her lack of common courtesy and class.
    I hope this won't keep you from returning to Madison.

Sincerely,
    Alder Thuy/District 20

I also noticed that Alder Thuy is not afraid to let her position be known as she copied vicki at WIBA the response to me.
    Last edited by bhancock; 09-26-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: additional info

Founder's Club Member
    Shows how much she knows. Kids aren't allowed to carry guns, so carrying a gun can't possibly be childish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast