• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ammo clips required to be visable?

WisconsinPI

When i'm oc'ing, do i have to have my extra clips (2 on clip holder) on the weak side belt open like my weapon or can i conceal my extra clips?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
It is not possible to make a factual statement about the non-existence of something without examining the entire universe of discourse.

I can say that I have searched, in the past, the entire copy of the Wisconsin statutes, that I have, for similar questions without finding anything related.

hardballer

It is not possible to make a factual statement about the non-existence of something without examining the entire universe of discourse.

I can say that I have searched, in the past, the entire copy of the Wisconsin statutes, that I have, for similar questions without finding anything related.

I have to admit, Doug, you make me smile. Thanks man!

protias

I'm not sure why a clip would need to be exposed, but I'm not too well versed in OC long guns. :p

Oh, and:

clipmag.jpg

;)

Interceptor_Knight

It NEEDED to be posted. The ignorance on this is amazing.

All I am going to say is that it is easy to be a nomenclature Nazi regarding clig/mag when you are hiding behind a keyboard. Alot of people jump on others for using "clip". But... I guarantee you that in person you will find very knowledgeable and competent people who know the difference but will still say clip. These same people do not take kindly to others taking it upon themselves to try and correct them.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
I catch myself misusing the term "Clip" on rare occasions. It's a very hard habit to break considering most all movies misuse the term. I do tend to correct most people (some you can tell just don't care) and do it in a polite way. I work with a bunch of Clip/mag nazis so when I use it I get called out when I say it.

It helps to know a bit about them as there are a number of different "Clips"

An SKS uses a Stripper Clip.
A M1 Garand uses an En Bloc Clip
A Revolver can uses either a Half or Full Moon Clip

Once you get the differences down they look very different from a magazine.

Mausers are about the only handgun I can recall atm that use a stripper clip. I have been known, when I'm in a fowl mood, to hand some one a loaded Mauser clip when they ask for "a clip fo my nine"

WisconsinPI

All I am going to say is that it is easy to be a nomenclature Nazi regarding clig/mag when you are hiding behind a keyboard. Alot of people jump on others for using "clip". But... I guarantee you that in person you will find very knowledgeable and competent people who know the difference but will still say clip. These same people do not take kindly to others taking it upon themselves to try and correct them.

Thank you sir