Thread: Black man with a gun coming to Virginia! - 10-30-2010 11am-1pm $30

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Thumbs up Black man with a gun coming to Virginia! - 10-30-2010 11am-1pm $30

On October 30, 2010, I am having a celebration of my 200th episode of the often silly, sometimes inspirational, and fun Urban Shooter Podcast. I am inviting the first 200 people I can get into the Forum of the Northern Virginia Community College Annandale, VA, Cultural Center Forum, 8333 Little River Turnpike, Annandale, VA 22003-3796 from 11am – 1 PM on Saturday.

It’s a patriotic theme.. It will be MC’d by “Clip” aka Douglas Million a professional comedian, actor and early contributor to the shows’ comedic elements. Tickets are $30 online and $40 at the door. Here’s the url for the ticket sales. http://tinyurl.com/USParty

http://kennblanchard.com/
    Pastor Kenn Blanchard
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Is OC OK at the college?

I enjoy his podcasts. This is at a community college. Will there be issues about open carrying?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I enjoy his podcasts. This is at a community college. Will there be issues about open carrying?
    I asked him that exact question and he said carry was ok since HE rented the venue... I'm going to OC.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    I asked him that exact question and he said carry was ok since HE rented the venue... I'm going to OC.
    Another good question would be how this applies to students/employees. If the is college is temporarily relinquishing control of a facility to an outside party, does the school still retain the "authority" to enforce their policies and code of conduct on staff and students attending such events?

I guess this question is similar to the one NOVA has raised regarding the full-service Starbucks that open in a GMU building.

Whose rules apply?

If ok in the rented area, would a student or employee still be subject to punishment for carrying in the parking lot or other areas of ingress and egress?

I know there likely are not any really clear answers to these questions at this time; I'm mostly just thinking out loud.

I wish I could make it.

Ken worked in the facilities dept. where I work.

He's a really great guy.

Let yer Facebook friends know if you are coming:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=155917181099292
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -