• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oakland Community College POLICE TOLD NOT TO NOTICE CRIME!!!!!

NHCGRPR45

i just saw on channel 4 that law enforcement officers at oakland university have been told to ignore crime!:mad: well, what kind of crimes have they ignored, you may ask. certainly nothing serious:uhoh:. and your right! bomb threats, stalking and sexual assault:cry:. some pretty low rate crimes indeed:banghead:. and they intentionally miss catagorize crimes so that it looks like they have much lower crime stats than they actually do! really,,,,REALLY!!!!:banghead: this from the mouths of 2 of the oakland cops themselves!!! which is the only good thing about this so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank GOD!!! this is a gun free zone! or the criminals might get scared!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No surprises here. Nothing to see. Move along.

This is just an extension of the Blue Wall of Silence that requires ignoring offenses and rights violations by brother officers.

budlight

This doesn’t shock me. A friend of mine was an officer for U of M Ann Arbor. He told me many stories of how the university was worried about crime statistics. They were afraid that statistics could cause a drop in enrolment because they could make their campus appear unsafe compared to other areas.

For example, on college campuses the police take a lot of sexual assault complaints. In most of these cases the victim knew the actor and basically it was date rape or should I say alleged date rape after they woke up the next morning and regretted what they did. In any case, it was still classified as Criminal Sexual Conduct and those stats could make their university appear to be full of violent criminals. However, there was rarely a case of some mad man jumping out of a bush and pulling a girl into an abandoned house and raping her. Again, I’m not excusing what happened, but the stats alone could make the university look like rapes were out of control.

He said they were very careful how they classified crimes and their two way radio system was digitally encrypted so the press couldn’t find out everything they were doing.

Again, I’m not excusing what Oakland did, I’m just saying that there are a lot of universities being very cautious with stats that might not truly represent the over all big picture. It should also be noted that I didn’t see the news story so I don’t know how bad this university was skewing their crime stats.

Bailenforcer

The city of Detroit does this so why not?

Detroit now is categorizing murders to fool the US Justice Dept. and FBI. When they have multiple murder victims on a scene, they fudge the numbers in CRISNET by adding all the victims in a lump instead of listing each victims as a.1 then.2 then.3 after the incident number. if the incident number is 12345 and there is one victim he should be 12345.1 and victim two is 12345.2 and so on. They do this so appears as there is only one victim. They even lie to the media now and if caught play a blame game of who misunderstood whom. The media almost never calls them publically on it to avoid being blackballed. No access = no news.

These tactics are different but it all leads to the same thing, false reporting to make the public thing crime is dropping. I have said for years we need to lobby congress to make it a federal offense to fudge crime stats. That should include any reporting like CRISNET. If we had real figures and not these lowered ones we would have half the nation OC or CC.

Does anyone remember Coleman A. Young and the if the body can't be identified at the crime scene he isn't dead tactic? The FBI found out and it was all over the media for a minute....

i just saw on channel 4 that law enforcement officers at oakland university have been told to ignore crime!:mad: well, what kind of crimes have they ignored, you may ask. certainly nothing serious:uhoh:. and your right! bomb threats, stalking and sexual assault:cry:. some pretty low rate crimes indeed:banghead:. and they intentionally miss catagorize crimes so that it looks like they have much lower crime stats than they actually do! really,,,,REALLY!!!!:banghead: this from the mouths of 2 of the oakland cops themselves!!! which is the only good thing about this so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank GOD!!! this is a gun free zone! or the criminals might get scared!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
The city of Detroit does this so why not?

Detroit now is categorizing murders to fool the US Justice Dept. and FBI. When they have multiple murder victims on a scene, they fudge the numbers in CRISNET by adding all the victims in a lump instead of listing each victims as a.1 then.2 then.3 after the incident number. if the incident number is 12345 and there is one victim he should be 12345.1 and victim two is 12345.2 and so on. They do this so appears as there is only one victim. They even lie to the media now and if caught play a blame game of who misunderstood whom. The media almost never calls them publically on it to avoid being blackballed. No access = no news.

These tactics are different but it all leads to the same thing, false reporting to make the public thing crime is dropping. I have said for years we need to lobby congress to make it a federal offense to fudge crime stats. That should include any reporting like CRISNET. If we had real figures and not these lowered ones we would have half the nation OC or CC.

Does anyone remember Coleman A. Young and the if the body can't be identified at the crime scene he isn't dead tactic? The FBI found out and it was all over the media for a minute....
England has been doing this for years. That's why it's impossible to compare nation to nation crime rates.

Bailenforcer

True and England is the stabbing death winner of all nations. So bad it is there that they seriously considered banning ALL knives and that included butter knives, steak knives, and all kitchen knives. It was finally defeated as it was so ridiculous an idea. The British medical Journal also wants beer glasses banned. They also are calling for sharp pointy objects that could be used to cut or stab people to be banned.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4581871.stm

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1411652/posts

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC558080/

England has been doing this for years. That's why it's impossible to compare nation to nation crime rates.

Last edited:

kryptonian

courts

you can't lie to the courts about the charges or murder victims or sexual charges. stats probably only report convictions after the plea arrangements (deferred adjudication). if i'm a victim i'm not going to let someone call it anything other than it is. kwamee was a HUGE dodger of stats. devil's night fires and looting during blackouts wasn't a problem according to him. BIG problem for DPD and fire department. oh - here's mich dept of corrections listing for kwamee by the way http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=702408 - i look at it when i start losing faith in the criminal justice system.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
True and England is the stabbing death winner of all nations. So bad it is there that they seriously considered banning ALL knives and that included butter knives, steak knives, and all kitchen knives. It was finally defeated as it was so ridiculous an idea. The British medical Journal also wants beer glasses banned. They also are calling for sharp pointy objects that could be used to cut or stab people to be banned.
But as long as they don't ban fresh fruit, they'll be able to defend themselves WITH (wait for it)

A BANANA!!

:lol:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I know, but I actually used the emoticon chart.
Oh.. Ok. :) I'm used to doing it the old fashioned way, so when someone changes the typical colon and ) to something like : smile : that throws me off. :) And some forums do that.

Now, slightly more on topic....if you don't have a banana, you can always surprise your victim with a nice batch of cherries. But, if they are ready to defend themselves, watch out, the might release the Tiger!!! :lol:

(With sincere apologies to Monty Python's Flying Circus.)

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator