Thread: close pistol combat courses/safety

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

close pistol combat courses/safety

I'm just curious if anyone knows of a place that teaches close combat skills with pistols here in wisconsin ? or perhaps even safety courses of sorts would be useful.

There are NRA instructors every where...Basic, home def, etc.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX View Post
    I'm just curious if anyone knows of a place that teaches close combat skills with pistols here in wisconsin ? or perhaps even safety courses of sorts would be useful.
    Safety courses of one sort or another can be found everywhere.

Combat shooting:

The Civilian Combat League at Deerfield Pistol. Level I and Level II.

Fletcher Arms in Waukesha may start if they let Freddie do his thing there (he did it at Deerfield for years.)

And I teach it, one-on-one.

Possibly some of the stuff taught at Mike Bender's "Personal Protection Academy." I know Mike and he's a skilled shooter and knows his stuff.

Nothing wrong with some of the NRA formal courses, such as Personal Protection in the Home, or Personal Protection Outside the Home-- but they're more like the "book learning" part rather than the "hands on" part of it. One needs a background in both the theory and the application. NRA courses are heavy on theory and light on application. Plus the NRA courses tend to be conservative in their approach, I suppose mainly for legal reasons; not to mention that NRA Instructors are not required to demonstrate any particularly advanced shooting proficiency in order to certify as instructors. Although I would have to say that just 'average' level shooters don't tend to become instructors.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Banned
    Since you are in Elroy you could easily make the hop up here to visit Mark Thole, a nationally ranked single stack pistol shooter and a great guy.

http://www.midwestmarksman.com

Mark Thole has a defensive pistol course that he runs in La Crosse. You can find him at http://www.midwestmarksman.com/.

I took his MN CCW course for my renewal and he assists with the NRA Basic Pistol courses I run here in the La Crosse area. He is a talented instructor.