• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Highly Vocal OCer that made tragic decisions is re-indicted

MSC 45ACP

Anyone remember the 'Anty 506' Story? He was an 18 year old Louisana OCer that "pushed the envelope" and seemed to go out of his way to challenge LEOs in his area. He was a very prolific poster to OCDO and his experiences were 'interesting'. I thought he had a chip on his shoulder and his mouth would get him in trouble one day. He seemed interested in being involved in a "righteous shoot". He was very knowledgeable about OC laws in his state and went out of his way to OC everywhere he could. If he were approached or challenged, he relished confrontation.

Things went "south" for him when he was involved in a drug deal that went bad. He was 'butt stroked' with a rifle and he shot and killed the guy with the rifle with his .40 cal. His OC holster was in his car at the time. He was CCing. {Insert long legal story here} He was apparently released from jail for this 'incident' and re-indicted with 1st Deg murder. (I think the original charge was 2nd deg). Here's what I came across a little while ago:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13196166

You can use the search function to see what's left of his old posts and any threads that happened after his original arrest. He's out on bail now. He could certainly use our prayers. He's a young kid that probably never should have been carrying in the first place. IMHO, he's just "wrapped too tight" for the awesome responsibility we all share. Its very sad this incident ever took place. He made some very poor decisions that will effect the rest of his life and possibly even shorten it if he is convicted.

Sorry to post this on our state's board, but I know a lot of us were watching the whole thing as it unfolded and sometimes wonder what happened...

kimber10mm

I thought he had a chip on his shoulder and his mouth would get him in trouble one day.

he did and it did!

met him at bassro and he was only 18 at the time he tried to tell us that he could carry open ANYWHERE IN THE STSTE THAT HE WANTED TOO
we told him he was wrong because at that time BP did not allow OC in the store
it goes back to that "private property" thing that he refused to understand even his mom tried to tell him he was wrong

BP chanaged that a long time after he was there

MSC 45ACP

Quite a few people still have a problem with the "private property" thing. Anty is young and brash with a lot of passion for OCing. Its too bad he was also into illegal things. I know he was a great supporter of legalizing drugs and steroids. He seemed eager to educate others about OC, even though he was a bit more "vocal" and abrasive than others. He believed in the "in your face" approach rather than quietly educating with reason and citing the written law.

I'm also a Libertarian and believe the 'gooberment' has no business regulating our lives unless it effects the lives of others. While I have strong feelings about abortion, I don't think the government has ANY business regulating it. They should not pay for it; they should not condone nor condemn it. We've all seen threads on here go seriously "off the reservation" about legalizing pot, so I won't even go there...

While I disagree with MANY laws on the books, I also spend a LOT of my time contacting my congressmen and senators to tell them how I feel. I go to rallies and demonstrations, but not "illegal gatherings". One must be careful not to be present at a gathering that advocates the overthrow of the government.

The Constitution is funny like that... The Framers believed it was the responsibility of the People to overthrow a tyrannical government. BUT... If you don't succeed, you are guilty of Sedition and Treason.

Perhaps a few more years of "Life Experiences" may have tempered young Anthony's 'wild side'. Unfortunately, we may never find out. Did he have anyone in his life (that he would listen to) that could have been the 'little birdy' on his shoulder to tell him not to go out that night?

We can all benefit from the wisdom of 'our elders' or even a mentor once in a while. Life can be pretty tough on your own... There are a lot of OCers around that have been "doing this" for a long time. We all have something to learn from each other.

charlie12

I thought he had a chip on his shoulder and his mouth would get him in trouble one day.

he did and it did!

met him at bassro and he was only 18 at the time he tried to tell us that he could carry open ANYWHERE IN THE STSTE THAT HE WANTED TOO
we told him he was wrong because at that time BP did not allow OC in the store
it goes back to that "private property" thing that he refused to understand even his mom tried to tell him he was wrong

BP chanaged that a long time after he was there

Look at who his hero was.

Gunslinger

A real shame for the young man. I don't see 1st degree murder. Where was the premeditation and malace aforethought? The person he killed was hardly an innocent from what I've read. Murder in the act of comitting a felony is classified as 1st degree in most states, but it was another also involved in the felony who was killed. Some states omnibus that into 1st degree. Maybe LA is one. Most don't.