• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Makarov

Vandil

First post,

I'm looking for opinions on the Makarov and EFA-2 "Through action holster" as an OC combo. Does anyone have experience with this setup, what is the down draw pressure needed for release? Does this holster accidentally release?

Thanks!

*Waits for the you'll shoot your knee cap off comments*

Last edited:

SiRed91

NO experience with that holster, but I went to HBE leatherworks for a custom holster for my mac and I love
to carry it now, when I can't carry my 1911

Wastelander

I have no experience with this holster, and honestly I don't think that most people will because most people carry with one in the pipe already. I saw these on another forum a while back and the general consensus was that they can break easily and do not provide secure enough retention, but they are a neat idea for those who don't want to carry with a round chambered.

3fgburner

I've got 4 Makarovs, and 4 other guns in 9x18 (FEG PA63, Radom P64, Wanad P83, CZ-82). The FEG is my normal carry piece. All 8 can fit in a paddle holster that I picked up for the '82. Any time I'm carrying one, it's decocked with one in the chamber.

FWIW.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Does the holster force you to put your boogerhook on the bangswitch as you push through, or is it just the guy in the demo doing that because he doesn't know any better?

I'm thinking that a holster that only works when you are standing up straight may not be one I'd want to wear for self defense purposes.

stay safe.

Vandil

Does the holster force you to put your boogerhook on the bangswitch as you push through

No you can down draw it with just pressure on the back strap and your 3 lower fingers wrapped.

Secure retention was my primary worry. Who wants a gun falling out of the holster not only with a round in the pipe but the hammer back and the safety off.

I carry mostly late at night when I am walking by myself.

merc460

I have 3 Makarovs and will be getting one of these just because I want one. Just coming up with the $100+ bucks is slowing down that process. From my reading though, there are a few concerns I have with the holster before I have even used one.....

From the website.....

It is recommended to:
— make sure that the pistol is fixed after inserting it into the holster;
— use an additional safety strap, fixing the pistol on the belt by the handle;
— avoid mechanical damages inside the holster.

This one bugs me the most. It obviously wears out, because you can purchase a replacement spring for it. I don't know how long it will have good retention, but I read something about 3000+ draws.

If I get one before you I will give a short review, if you get one, let me know how you like it.